I’m on a mini food kick. I don’t know when it happened, or why it happened, but I can tell you I’m not sorry that it happened.
I think it started when I made a batch of Spanakopita Bites a while back. Then, exactly one week later, Katie posted this recipe, and I knew I’d need to create more bites with mini phyllo tarts – I mean how cute are they?! Plus, #portioncontrol.
A few weeks ago, we had friends over to watch the playoffs and I made all kinds of football food (like Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins, and Chipotle-Ranch Wings). I knew I wanted to somehow incorporate pizza into the mix, and since I just happened to have an extra package (three, I had three packages. I am obsessed!) of mini phyllo tarts, a recipe was born.
These Mini Pizza Bites can be customized with your favorite pizza toppings. I kept mine simple, and they were a huge hit!Quick + Easy Pepperoni Pizza Bites - the perfect party app! Click To Tweet
- 1 package frozen mini phyllo tarts (one package yields 15 tarts)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni, or 6 slices of your favorite pepperoni, cut into fourths
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, add mini phyllo tarts. Add a tablespoon of pizza sauce to each tart. Top with mozzarella, pepperoni and fresh basil.
- Place in oven and bake for 6-7 minutes.
This recipe can easily be doubled with leftover ingredients, and one extra package of mini phyllo tarts.