I knew that last Christmas when I infused my first batch of vodka, it wouldn’t be my last – it is just so simple to do, makes a great little gift, and plus, it is f.u.n.
A Jelly Bean Sparkling Martini is the perfect drink to make for Easter weekend (or just because it’s Saturday #duh)! Infused with your fave jelly bean flavor, the possibilities for this martini are pretty much endless.
Top this classic drink off with a bit of bubbly (prosecco, or champagne) and take a standard martini, which can sound kind of plain, and make it something special.
- 1/4 cup jelly beans plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup plain vodka
- 1/2 cup orange flavored liqueur
- champagne or prosecco, for garnish
- To infuse vodka, add jelly beans to a mason jar. Add vodka. Screw lid and shake jar. Store mason jar at room temperature for 4 hours to overnight. The longer it sits, the deeper the color.
- When ready to use infused vodka, strain with a cheese cloth or anything else you have on hand just to avoid the bits of jelly beans that remain.
- In a shaker, combine the vodka and liqueur with ice.
- Pour into each glass, 1/2 full with mix.
- Top each glass with bubbly.
all photo credit: Caroline Smith, Caroline & Evan Photography