My favorite job in high school was at our local movie theatre. I loved that place. Free popcorn, and $1 hot dogs on break. Free movies, screenings, and posters. Plus, some of my best friends sixteen years later (seriously? #pleasestoptime), were made while working at good ol’ AMC. I wish I had a photo to share of those days, but then again I’m also kind of grateful that there are no awkward photos of high school Nichole floating around on the internet.
I remember when My Big Fat Greek Wedding was first released. It was initially showing in one of the smaller theatres, but over time, the crowds started to come. Usually, it’s the other way around; movie is released, it’s busy for opening weekend, and then the next best movie is released, and we all move on. Except, with My Big Fat Greek Wedding, it started in the smallest theatre we had and over several weeks, eventually made its way into the largest one, which held 485 seats.
So when it was announced that My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 was being released this weekend, AND the #SundaySupper theme was going to be all things Greek-inspired, I knew I had to host (with a little nudging from Shelby) my first ever #SundaySupper event!
Plus, I love me some Greek food, you guys. In fact, I didn’t even realize it, but my very first post with the #SundaySupper link-up was a Greek Fritatta. It was meant to be, #obviously.
Here is a preview of the tasty recipes that we’ll be sharing on Easter Sunday:
- Greek Salad (Horiatiki Salata) by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Greek-Style Sliders with Feta Aioli by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Kalamata Phyllo Cigars with Whipped Feta by Pook’s Pantry
- Make Your Own Marinated Feta by And She Cooks
- Rosemary and Olive Grissini by What Smells So Good?
- Socca Pizza with Spinach, Roasted Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, and Feta by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spanakopita Bites by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Spanakopita Triangles by From Gate to Plate
- Tiropitas ( Cheese Bourekas ) by Moore or Less Cooking
- Tyropitas by The Freshman Cook
- Avgolemono Chicken Zoodle Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Quick and Easy Greek Avgolemono Soup by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Shrimp Avgolemono by Monica’s Table
- Vegetarian Magiritsa (Greek Easter Soup) by Palatable Pastime
- Baklava French Toast with Cinnamon Honey Syrup by A Mind Full Mom
Greek Main Dishes:
- Brizola (Greek-style Pork Chops) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Greek Salad Flatbread by Family Foodie
- Greek Chirashi Sushi by NinjaBaker
- Greek Quinoa Casserole by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Greek Quesadilla by Brunch-n-Bites
- Greek Meatball Salad by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Chicken Gyros with Homemade Pita Bread by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gyro Meatballs with Lemon Rice by Casa de Crews
- Kotopita (Greek Chicken Pie) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Moussaka (Greek eggplant casserole) by Nik Snacks
- Slow-Cooked Lamb Shoulder with Roasted Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Youvetsi (Greek beef or lamb and orzo stew) by Caroline’s Cooking
Greek Side Dishes:
- Greek-style rice salad by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Greek Zucchini Fritters by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Tzatziki Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spanakorizo by Feeding Big and More
- Chocolate Baclava by The Chef Next Door
- Greek Lemon Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Greek Olive Oil Bundt Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Greek Spice Cake by Our Good Life
- Greek Walnut Cake by Pies and Plots
- Greek Wedding Cookies – Kourabiethes by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Loukoumades by The TipToe Fairy
- Loukoumades (Greek honey fritters) by The Redhead Baker
- Ouzito: The Greek Mojito by Hardly A Goddess
Plus Baked Shrimp with Feta plus More Greek Cuisine from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.