This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #IDSimplyPure #CollectiveBias For more recipe ideas, go here!
I love a good latte. I also love a good cup of flavored coffee, or chai tea. Really, in the morning, I don’t discriminate against caffeinated bevvys, okay?
Most mornings, I’ll stick to a quick cup of coffee, or tea with a splash of flavored creamer, before getting to work; simply because I want to control what is IN my drink. I love fun coffee drinks, but they’re generally loaded with artificial junk and/or way too much sugar. I’m counting my macros at the moment (a post on that is coming soon), and so while I feel like I’m eating a lot more balanced, and not feeling deprived, the last thing I want to do is indulge so early in the day, and blow it all with one drink.
Plus, I don’t know where you live, but any place I want to stop in for a “quick” latte or other morning drink is way too busy, when I’m already trying to get to the office in time. #nothanks
Enter a homemade vanilla latte with chai tea! It’s easy to make, super flavorful, and I can have it ready in about ten minutes (steeping the tea is what takes the longest).
While I was shopping at Walmart, I snagged a bottle of International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer in Vanilla (my fave). I liked that this new (to me) creamer, had only five simple ingredients! That makes it easy for me to control what I’m drinking in the a.m.
Sadly, on my shopping trip, I remembered creamer, but forgot coffee. I realized this on a Monday, when I feel like I need a jolt the most (don’t we all?). I did however, have a box of Chai tea bags to use for backup…and so a tea latte was born!
I used raw honey, a splash of International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer, tea, and milk for a bit of latte froth. It was insanely easy to make – so easy, I may never buy a latte out again. Probably not true, but in the rush of the morning, it is 😉
- 2 tea bags of choice (suggested: Chai, but black or English is fine too)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk (cow, cashew, almond, etc)
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer, vanilla
- Add water to a medium sized saucepan on medium-high heat. Once boiling, remove from heat and add to pan, tea bags, cinnamon, ginger and allspice. Steep for 5 minutes.
- While tea mix is steeping, to a small saucepan, combine the milk, honey and creamer. Heat and stir over medium heat until warmed through (honey will be dissolved). Pour milk mixture into your fave coffee mug - stir in tea.
Flavored creamer isn’t just for coffee! See what other tasty ways you can incorporate International Delight Simply Pure Coffee Creamer into your morning, here!