Another smoothie recipe, and one last brunch dish to celebrate the end of #BrunchWeek!
I love fresh berries year-round, but I am an unintentional waster sometimes, so for smoothies, I opt for frozen produce. Fresh or frozen though, this Blueberry Lemon Smoothie is SO refreshing!
I make sure to use fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest for added freshness. I always have lemon on hand, do you? I use fresh squeezed juice in a lot of my dishes, and adding it to a blueberry smoothie just ups the flavah.
KitchenIQ sent me their V-etched Better Zester Grater, and it’s the best zester I have ever had. I hate when I use other zesters, and get bits of citrus all over the place. I guess that’s just a casualty, but this KitchenIQ zester has a storage container attached! Soooo, no more messy zest everywhere. Plus, I don’t lose half of my zest, which is nice.
It’s not quite as protein packed as my PB&J Smoothie, but if you use a protein packed Greek yogurt, it definitely can be.
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- To a blender, add all ingredients in the order list above. Blend until smooth.
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway!
See what other recipes we’re sharing today for #BrunchWeek:
- Iced Caramel Coffee by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Boston Cream Pie Pancakes by Love & Confections
- Orange Sweet Rolls by Making Miracles
- Lemon Blueberry Waffles with Sweet Blueberry Compote by Cooking In Stilettos
- Rosemary and Cornmeal Cake by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chocolate Muffins by The Texan New Yorker
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cranberry Orange Muffins by Books n’ Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Pancakes by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Raspberry Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Watermelon Noodle Salad by Forking Up
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Baked Salmon with Citrus Yogurt Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salted Coffee Caramel Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Frosting by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Pecan Fritters with Caramel Icing by From Gate to Plate
- Strawberry Shortcake by Feeding Big and More
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp by Palatable Pastime
- Cheddar French Toast with Crab Hollandaise by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures