Happy Cinco de
drinko Mayo! I’m back with another fun recipe to celebrate #BrunchWeek with 37 other foodie bloggers.
My breakfasts in the morning have to be quick. I like to make ahead my Sweet Potato Hash, egg muffins, or whip up a quick Avocado Toast concoction.
But a few weeks ago we had my in-laws over for a DIY Quesadilla Bar to celebrate my mother in-law’s birthday (she loves quesadillas), and I had a ton of leftovers on Sunday night after everyone left, and zero energy to visit the grocery for food for the week (I waited until Monday, after work)…so Breakfast Quesadillas were born!
…and I froze quite a few to grab and re-heat when I need them in a pinch.
These would be a very fun brunch set up with homemade salsas, and a mimosa on a weekend too.
Thanks to our amazing sponsors during #BrunchWeek, I received a ton of delicious Cabot Cheese. I ended up using the Seriously Sharp Cheddar, but for real you guys, the possibilities were endless! I have other grand plans for that Tomato Basil, and my husband has decided the Chipotle is his new favorite.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for cooking the quesadillas OR cooking spray
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked
- 1½ cups freshly grated melty cheese of choice (suggested: Cabot Seriously Sharp)
- 8 10" round tortillas
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs milk, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, or cooking spray to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, just until set, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To cook, in the same skillet, carefully wipe out the skillet with paper towel any egg debris. Lightly coat with olive oil, or spray, then heat over medium. Cook the assembled quesadillas on both sides until golden and the cheese is melted, about 5-6 minutes total. Cut into triangles and serve warm.
Don’t forget to what other tasty brunch dishes we’re sharing today for #BrunchWeek:
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popvers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Salad with Green Onion-Poppy Seed Dressing by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Spiced Marinated Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free Citrus Pastries by Gluten Free Crumbley
…and make sure to enter our giveaway for a chance to win 1 of 8 prize packs!