I love any, and all excuse to celebrate….well, anything. Event planning, and styling are some of my biggest passions, for sure. I love to set a welcoming vibe for guests, and a good menu is a must in my book! Beyond that, I do love the small details, but have come to realize not everyone appreciates those little touches as much as I do.
…unless you get together with several beautiful, and amazingly talented ladies to throw a gorgeous #SummerFloralParty in Orlando!
Then you can focus on 1-2 things you’re really good at – and so can everyone else. Fresh flowers, DIY tie-dye napkins, gorgeous calligraphic place settings, with menus. A festive cocktail, with fresh fruit; plus a coffee cart, and dessert table that are so pretty you’re almost afraid to touch…but only for a minute. You’ll get over that fear of messing up a beautiful table to get to the end of this pretty par-tay.
When Melissa asked me to join in on the fun, I knew I’d bring the food! I wanted something light, flavorful, and festive for summer. I’m a sucker for a good salad, and panzanella salads are one of my faves – light, but somewhat hearty with toasted baguette, adding fresh peaches was a no-brainer, as we celebrate summer. I opted to grill my peaches to add a hint of smokiness, with creamy burrata, because well #burrata.
I also contributed a Naan Pizza with Asparagus Pesto, Goat Cheese, and Prosciutto (recipe coming next week), that was fresh, and easy to prep ahead of time. And thanks to Kristina, we also enjoyed Tandoori Chicken Skewers. It was plenty of food for a summer shindig, which still left plenty of room for a Pisco Punch from Carmen, and cake, with coffee from Erica, and Melissa.
- ½ loaf French baguette, or ciabatta, cut in cubes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large ripe peaches (Georgia peaches are in season, and are my fave! Use what you like)
- ½ cup. fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 8 oz ball burrata cheese
- Kosher salt, and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toss bread cubes in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake until toasted but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Very gently toss peaches with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill peaches until slightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and grill 2 minutes more. Transfer to a large baking sheet to cool. You will need to do this in batches.
- Combine red onion and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Mix ¼ cup balsamic vinegar with ½ cup olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- To a bowl, add onions, bread cubes, peaches, and basil to large bowl. Gently toss with vinaigrette.
perfect for a #SummerFloralParty - Grilled Peach, Burrata Panzanella Salad! Click To Tweet
Potluck-style events, whether it’s food, drink, or those details you need are the perfect way to get together with your favorites, and celebrate together!
Make sure to see how this #SummerFloralParty came together, after everyone’s contributions below:
Stylish Summer Floral Party Vendors: