Life has been busssssy, you guys. I missed sharing this week’s food diary, but I’ve been focusing on our home. We’re throwing my bestie an engagement party in a few weeks, and we’ve been working on several projects at Casa de Crews; house things I have been putting off forever, but this party is the kick I need to get the ball rolling. Plus, real work has been slamming.
Do you know what takes like no time at all to make? This coleslaw recipe! I used to hate coleslaw as a kid, but as an adult, I love it. It’s the perfect low-carb side right now for me, and even though I did get this recipe from the Atkins website years ago, it’s the side I am always asked to make when we go to mom and dad’s for a cookout (or is it”BBQ”?), and they don’t eat anything “low-carb”…
The original recipe calls for mayo, and sour cream. I make my own mayonnaise, however. You can always swap the sour cream for Greek yogurt if you’d rather ‘clean’ this up a bit more.
This is the perfect summer side, especially when you’re pressed for time – enjoy!
- 1 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Splenda
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp salt
- To a large bowl, add coleslaw mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, Splenda, celery seed, mustard powder and salt.
- Pour dressing over cabbage. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving for flavors to blend. The longer this chills, the better the flavor!