This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CollectiveBias
I am such a sucker this time of year for holiday-flavored drinks. Once fall arrives, I’m all like, “I neeeeeed a Pumpkin Spice Latte!!”, but then I have one, and I remember that they’re way too sweet, and I just threw away six dollars.
Then, I do it again with Salted Caramel drinks, and Peppermint Mocha Lattes. I do love to occasionally treat myself to fun drinks, but I never enjoy them as much as I think I will. I do love seasonal creamers though. I get to control the flavor, and it’s a lot less expensive, making a latte at home.
Enter: Homemade Peppermint Mocha Lattes, using International Delight® Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer – the perfect drink to make at home for friends and family. This is definitely going to be our drink post-feast on Thanksgiving with dessert, and I am pretttttty sure I’ll also make for my girlfriends for our annual Love Actually movie date, in December.
For everyday life, I love to add a splash of Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer. It’s almost nostalgic for me, to enjoy seasonal creamers this time of year. It legit makes me happy in the a.m. before I start the day. At the time of my post, our local Walmart was out of Pumpkin Pie Spice (sad), so I snagged a quart of International Delight Chocolate Hazelnut, to try instead. You guys, it did not disappoint.
So! This Peppermint Mocha Latte. We always seem to have cocoa powder on-hand. It’s sweet, but natural, and pretty versatile. I love to mix with Peppermint Mocha creamer, heat on the stove, until it’s well-blended, and creamy; add it to my fave brewed coffee, with milk froth, and call it a day.
To fancy it up for friends, I usually top with whipped cream, and chopped peppermint. If you have an espresso machine, you know you can get yo’ froth on. If you have don’t an espresso machine (like I don’t), then you can easily make your own milk froth (this is the method I follow -works perfect every time), just as easily. Just warm milk in a mason jar, heat in the microwave, and shake.
- ⅔ cup International Delight® Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer
- ⅔ cup strong brewed coffee (your favorite will work!)
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp milk froth
- whipped cream, to garnish (optional)
- crushed peppermint candies/candy canes, to garnish (optional)
- Brew your favorite coffee, extra strong (if you have an espresso machine, follow that method instead).
- While coffee is brewing, to a small saucepan, mix creamer and cocoa powder. Heat until well-mixed, and hot.
- To a mug, add coffee. Mix in Peppermint Mocha mix. Top with milk froth.
- Top with whipped cream, and crushed peppermint, if desired
Get more holiday recipe ideas using International Delight coffee creamer, here.
Snag your own Peppermint Mocha creamer at Walmart, over Thanksgiving weekend, and enjoy a live demo from International Delight® !