New year, new me. Or…something like that. Last fall Jason switched over to an all veggie diet Monday-Friday. I am so proud of him – he’s lost quite a bit of weight this way (plus he runs 3-4/week), and he’s feeling good
(and looking good).
I’m not quite on his level of an all vegetable diet (this girl loves her meat), but he’s inspired me to eat more veggies with my everyday meals. If you season well, veggies are more filling for less product than meat anyway, which is a nice surprise when I budget for our weekly groceries.
But truth be told, as much as I like to pride myself on being a meal-planning extraordinaire, I’m really bad at wasting fresh produce.
I’ll buy everything for the week on Sunday (or Monday, if I have too much fun on Sunday), and by Friday, I’m ready to get out of the house, and those veggies (and sometimes proteins) go bad before I can prepare them. I have no one to blame but myself, and I hate to waste food…and to be honest, money too.
I’ve recently discovered Nourish Bowls, at Super Target of all places and decided to try a bowl out. At the time, the only bowl available at Target was the Cauli-Rice Curry. Skeptical, I thought I’d at least try it – Jason uses a lot of curry spices in his own veggie dishes at home.
Um, you guys…it was amazing. Like seriously, for a fresh bowl like this, I was incredibly impressed. So when I heard we’d be sharing these bowls for #SundaySupper, I knew I had to participate! Because, they are that good.
These bowls are tasty and fresh, as is – and they’re perfect for Jason as he hunkers down for the bar, and spends most days in the library. They’re great for me, so I can get my veggies in without thinking much about it.
With a full-time job, this blog, and just life in general, it’s nice sometimes to have a quick, healthy (and seriously satisfying) full lunch ready in 3-4 minutes, without any extra brain power to cook, especially if I’m on the go (which seems to be most of the time, these days).
For dinner, I generally add a side of meat, but to be honest, these bowls don’t always need the extra protein. I do love adding a fried egg to the Smokehouse Brussels, though!
The Southwest Chipotle is good as is, in my book. Except, sometimes I add a glass of wine at dinner. Because, I mean #grapes, hello? 🙂
Get social with Nourish Bowls:
Today, we have ten bloggers sharing their own love for Nourish Bowls, and ten more bloggers sharing recipes incorporating a fresh Nourish Bowl – check them all out below:
- Cooking for One with Mann’s Nourish Bowls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Easiest Southwest Chipotle Tacos by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Easy Curry Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Egg by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Gluten Free Family Dinner with Nourish Bowls by Cricket’s Confections
- Healthy Dinner Solutions for the Late-Shift by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Eating on the Go by Wholistic Woman
- How to Eat Like a Foodie and Stay Healthy by Go Epicurista
- How to Eat Well When You Don’t Feel Up To It by Monica’s Table
- How to Fit Veggies into a Jam-Packed Week with Nourish Bowls by Casa de Crews
- How To Prepare Fresh Healthy Meals In A Snap by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Keeping Fit with a Pesky Sweet Tooth by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monterey Risotto Enchiladas by Moore or Less Cooking
- Nourishing a Healthy Soul by Family Foodie
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Over Cauli-Rice Curry by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sesame Sriracha Bowl with Kimchi Tofu by kimchi MOM
- Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp by Cooking Chat
- Smokehouse Steak Quiche by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Southwest Chipotle Tuna Bowls with Pico De Gallo by Simple and Savory
- Southwest Chipotle Grilled Chicken Bowl by The Chef Next Door
- Southwest Chipotle Pulled Pork Naan Bread Pizza by The Freshman Cook
Plus meet Gina Nucci, aka Gina Broccolini, one of the third generation family owners of Mann Packing – the creators of Nourish Bowls – in a Sunday Supper Movement Interview.
Want to win your own pack of veggie goodness from Nourish Bowls? Today at 4pm EST, our #SundaySupper founder, Isabel, of the Family Foodie, will be making one of her famous breakfast bowls using Nourish Bowls, live on Facebook. At the end of the live video, one winner will be selected from the comment section to win a prize pack from Nourish Bowls. Make sure to tune in at 4pm, here – Good Luck!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.