It’s award season time. Do you watch? Up until law school took over Jason’s life, we used to try and catch all the films that were nominated for an award. But now, I’m just happy if we see a movie in the theatre together, once a month!
No matter though, because I still love to watch all the annual award shows, anyway. From the red carpet, to the hosts, and long acceptance speeches, I just love all things film. I think it’s because my job in high school was at our local movie theatre.
Even if you don’t really care for all the award shows, I know you’ll love my BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli! They’re a perfect party bite for any shindig, and are just fancy enough, with little effort for a simple plate on a Sunday night. You all know how much I love crostini recipes, so imagine how excited I was when I decided to make a crostini into a slider. #holla
Instead of mayo, I got a little fancy with avocado for healthy fat. Traditionally, an aioli is just a sauce with olive oil. I opted to mix in half of an avocado with 2 tbsp Greek yogurt – you could also use mayo, or sour cream to schmear on these sliders.
- ½ French baguette (enough for 16 thin slices)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 4 slices romaine lettuce, shredded
- 3 tbsp cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup avocado aioli (recipe follows)
- ½ hass avocado
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, plain (mayo, or sour cream)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Arrange sliced baguette onto a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil. Toast 5-7 minutes.
- While bread is toasting, to a bowl mix and mash avocado with Greek yogurt. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove baguette from oven. Smear a teaspoon or so of aioli on to each slice of bread. Layer 8 slices with shredded lettuce, tomato, and ½ piece of bacon. Top with crostini, and dig in!
See what other fancy appetizers we’re sharing for #SundaySupper:
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by SundaySupper
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.