A golf fan, I am not. Or rather, I just don’t know too much about it. A local lover of exiting events in Tampa Bay, I am! So when I received an invite to attend this year’s Valspar Championship, Tampa Bay’s PGA Tournament event, I knew I’d have to attend, The tournament began this week, and will run until March 12 at the Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, and will be televised nationally on the Golf Channel and NBC.
Jason’s birthday is next week, and I couldn’t think of a better treat than to take him to this event! This tournament has something for the entire family, not just the golf lover, so bring everyone with you (kids 15 and under get in FREE). From fun outdoor activities, entertainment, food, music and world-renowned professional golf, there really is something for everyone:
- The Grape & Grain: A new wine and spirits venue with both an outdoor deck and inside air conditioned seating.
- Valspar Food Truck Rally featuring 6 local food trucks located by the 8th green
- Valspar LIVE! — a free concert by Toby Keith, superstar singer-songwriter, for ticketed attendees on Saturday (concert will begin after the tournament concludes Saturday)
- Valspar COLOR EXPERIENCE 18th green expo featuring 2017 Colors of the Year, DIY projects, Ask Val (new digital tool to assist guests in choosing colors), putting and fan photo booth
- Valspar COLOR SPOTS fan relaxation seating areas near concessions, including the NEW Valspar Chameleon Cove, which includes a beach and relaxation zone with a 20-foot colossal chameleon structure made from sand
- McDonald’s Family Fun Zone: Featuring a 16-foot-tall rock climbing wall, monster putting green, free popsicles, Imagination Playground and plenty of arts and crafts and games — this area located by the 8th green is a must-see for fans of all ages
Get more info and pricing, here! Local friends, this is a great way to unofficially celebrate spring (before it’s hotter than HOT), and to celebrate, I have (2) tickets to give away to one lucky reader! Enter below for your chance to win – good luck!