This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeggieSummerGrilling #CollectiveBias
I have the best news in the whole world right now! At least in my world. Jason re-took the bar exam this week – and is feeling quite good about it. I think one of the many reasons I was disappointed for us when he didn’t pass the first time (he was oh, so close though), was because in all honesty, I miss my friend, who I also happened to be married to. I mean, there are a few more reasons why I was bummed, but I think as I’ve had more time to overthink it all, that was the root cause of where the rest of my feelings stemmed from.
I was more than used to having a good few weeks before a new semester began, but in February, I had high hopes that the end was in sight, and we’d finally be able to start whatever our next chapter was together.
That being said, summer is my favorite season to celebrate with Jason. This time of year, Jason will grill up loads of meat, and I’ll work on sides and our meals are simple, generally pretty healthy, and definitely ready in under 30 minutes during the week.
I’ve been forced to grill solo at Casa de Crews, and it’s just not as much fun. We love to indulge in grilled pizza this time of year, but a big ol’ pizza for one, means I’ll absolutely eat pizza for breakfast (every day, if I could). For portion control, I like to use mini naan bread instead of a 10-12″ crust for just me. Have you ever grilled pizza? Any kind of pizza? The smoky, crisp flavor is worth the time, you guys! Seriously, do it this weekend, and report back to me.
I love pulled pork, and have been craving BBQ Pizza for weeks. But pulled pork is a lot of leftovers for one. So when I found new MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork, I knew I’d get my fix in little time. I already enjoy MorningStar Farms® Buffalo Chik Patties® pretty regularly (so easy to make!), and as America’s #1 Veggie Burger Brand, I was stoked to see they now have a Veggie Pulled Pork.
This grilled BBQ Pulled Pork Naan Bread Pizza screams summer to me; smeared with a generous dollop of tangy BBQ sauce, MorningStar Farms® Veggie Pulled Pork, grilled pineapple, onions and jalapeno. I made these pizzas for my sister last week after our weekly yoga class (we try and go together once/week), and she raved, which if you knew my sister, this was a big deal.
I love how I can have grilled BBQ pizza in all of fifteen minutes. I’m SO ready to have my husband back, but it’s nice to know I can handle summer grilling, and entertaining without him, if I need to.
- ½ package MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Veggie Pulled Pork (5 oz.)
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 mini naan breads
- ½ cup BBQ (your favorite brand, or homemade is fine)
- 4 rings pineapple slices (fresh, suggested)
- ½ jalapeno, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- In 1½-quart microwave-safe bowl combine MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS Veggie Pulled Pork and water. Loosely cover with paper towel. Microwave at high for 2 to 2½ minutes or until hot, stirring after 1 minute. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Toast naan on grates for 2-3 minutes. Top each pizza with bbq sauce, cheese, ¼ serving Veggie Pulled Pork, 1 slice pineapple, red onion, and 1-2 jalapeno rings. Close lid, and grill for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat, and serve immediately. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.