Homemade Apple Butter makes a ton of buttah. I love it so much – esp since we kind of fake fall in Florida. But Apple Butter feels, and tastes the way fall is supposed to – at least I think so. And since I am back on an overnight oats kick, I opted to add a few generous drizzles of my Slow-Cooker Apple Butter to breakfasts this week with individual servings of Apple Butter Overnight Oats!
These Apple Butter Overnight Oats taste like a healthier version of Apple Pie, which I’ll just never complain about. Most days, I now work from home, so my meal-prepping game isn’t as strong as it used to be for brekkie. It’s easier to make breakfast at home, when your office is a few steps away. Sometimes I miss traveling more for work, but most days I’m glad I get to sleep in a littttttle longer.
But these Apple Butter Overnight Oats are great for breakfast prep, and beyond. I like to make two servings worth the night before. Then I have two mornings in a row where I don’t have to worry about making breakfast. I use equal parts almond milk, and Greek yogurt. I do this to add a little more protein than if I had just used almond milk, which honestly, means these Apple Butter Overnight Oats are a great mid-morning, or post-workout snack, too!
If you make your own Apple Butter, these oats are pretty clean, and filling with wholesome ingredients. But if you don’t have time to make your own Apple Butter, store-bought is just fine! The point is to tackle yo’ breakfast prep, ahead of time!
You can mix in, or top a generous handful of chopped apple, and pecans (walnut, or almond slivers would also be tasty). For photos, I used these pretty glasses from World Market. Realistically, you’d use a mason jar with lid, or any other plastic storage container, to store these Apple Butter Overnight Oats. Enjoy!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 3 tbsp Apple Butter
- 1 tbsp Apple Pie Spice (or a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves)
- ½ apple chopped, to mix in (save additional to garnish)
- optional toppings at serving: pecans, more apples, honey, chia seeds
- To a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, almond milk, Greek yogurt, apple butter, spice, and chopped apple. Mix well to combine.
- Divide mix into two jars, and cover with a lid, or plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Grab and go, or add additional garnish before digging in!
(*nutrition info does not include additional toppings)