We’re cleaning things up today for our Sunday Supper, my friends. As you know, I try and eat whole, unprocessed foods whenever I can [ahem, some days are much easier than others]. I feel like my eyes were truly opened after completing my first Whole 30 Challenge earlier this year [and to reset my diet, I have challenged myself to eat unprocessed for the entire month of October. You can read more about this here].
Do I eat this way every single day? No, and I don’t want to. I can, however, make a more conscious effort in what I buy at the grocery, and how I prepare it.
When today’s theme was presented to me, I had a gazillion recipes go through my mind. I thought about re-sharing my very popular Sweet Potato Hash with sugar-free bacon, fresh sage, and apples. Then I thought since it is tailgate season, maybe I’d post my Salt and Vinegar Wing recipe…but maybe if you have never sat down and thought about what unprocessed means to you, these two recipes, while easy to make, may sound difficult.
So I thought I’d share something most all adults and kids love – coconut breaded chicken tenders!
I love a crispy, fried chicken tender. Add some shredded coconut, and I will happily dunk em’ in a vat of sweet honey mustard sauce until I am in a gluttonous coma.
Then I feel like crap after, which I mean, who wants to feel like crud after all that work, and wait? So to clean this up, we’re going to use almond flour [which is just ground almonds…one ingredient, you guys!], and unsweetened coconut shreds. Plus organic chicken tenders. That is it. Oh, and one cage-free egg for a wash. Now…that is it. These coconut chicken tenders will rock your socks off, I swear it!
To sweeten up our dip, we’re going to use a natural sweetener, raw honey. Raw honey is a great way to add the sweet to a dish, while totally avoiding processed sugar.
Don’t even tell your friends, or family that this is a ‘clean’ dish. Let them enjoy it for themselves, because I just know that they will.
My best recommendation for anyone interested in going whole with their diet, is just take it a meal at a time. Read up on it, and check out all of the unprocessed recipes below. A huge thanks to DB for hosting, today!
Alluring Appetizers and Stunning Sides
- Brioche Dinner Rolls by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Stuffed Peppadew Peppers by An Appealing Plan
- Homemade Fennel-Maple Mustard by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sweet Potato Noodles & Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Whole Grain, No-Knead Sourdough Bread by Peaceful Cooking
- Sweet Potato Fries by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Indian Spiced Dal and Sag Aloo by Happy Baking Days
- Homemade Energy Bars by The Foodie Army Wife
- Honey Thyme Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sweet Potato and Carrot Hash by Fit Foodie Runs
- Roasted Parsnips and Carrots with Cardamom and Maple Syrup by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Spicy Smashed Fingerling Potatoes by Magnolia Days
- Autumn Panzanella by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Curried Apple Chips by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Stuffed Acorn Squash by Rhubarb and Honey
- Homemade Hash Brown by Basic N Delicious
- Raw Salted Chocolate Chip Oat Healthy Bars by Wallflour Girl
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Basic Roasted Cauliflower by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Beet Chips by The Dinner-Mom
- Crispy Tex-Mex Quinoa Patties by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Authentic Chicken Tinga by Shockingly Delicious
- Jacket Potato Party by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mom’s Homemade Vegetarian Meatballs by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chicken and Sweet Potato by MealDiva
- Chinese Five Spice Chicken Stir Fry by Nosh My Way
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Coconut Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Dip by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Burgers with Garlicky Arugula by Cooking Chat
- Baked Zucchini with Spicy Tomatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Fall Squash Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Momma’s Meals
- White Bean Pesto Stew by eating in instead
- Seared Pork Stack by annaDishes
- Gnocchi with Peas and Pesto by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pumpkin & Sausage Pasta by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Vegan Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes by NinjaBaking.com
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blondies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.