The Oscar Awards are a fancy affair! Why not make your dinner an event of its own with Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp?! It’s light, indulgent, and insanely easy to make.
I love watching the Oscars. I love them so much, that I had this whole plan to share fun Oscar party ideas throughout the week. But then life happened, and I never got around to it [but hey, grab this free 2015 Oscar ballot printable I found for tonight!]
I asked folks on my Facebook page what kinds of foods came to mind when thinking of the Oscars. Everyone said cheese, brie, to be exact. As well as seafood, and other fancy bites. I couldn’t agree with them more! I think prosciutto is a “fancy” cut of meat; thin, flavorful, and just two ingredients, ham and salt – which also makes it “clean” in my book. Wrap fresh shrimp with proscuitto and brush with melted, smooth, buttah and I think we can all agree this dish would win for best bite! Hardy har.
- 5-6 thin slices prosciutto ham
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (these will shrink, so I highly recommend JUMBO)
- 1 tablespoon ghee, or butter, melted
- salt, pepper, garlic salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On your cutting board, slice prosciutto into long strips and then slice each of those strips in half. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around the body of a piece of shrimp, and lay it seam-side-down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the melted butter onto the top of each shrimp. Season with a few pinches of salt, pepper and garlic.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and clear, and the prosciutto is slightly crispy.
See what other award-winning dishes we’re sharing for today’s Red Carpet Sunday Supper!
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Will you be watching the 2015 Oscars, tonight?