This Apple Pie Sangria is the perfect pitcher to make for the masses or bring to a fall-themed potluck or Thanksgiving dinner!
Apple Pie Sangria
With a husband in law school, I have to celebrate most of Thanksgiving weekend on my own. This used to bum me out, but I have very festive neighbors who were more than willing to take me in on Black Friday for apps and bevvys. My contribution: This Apple Pie Sangria!
Truly, it tastes like apple pie in a glass. It’s cold and fizzy sweetened only with raw honey and fresh fruit.
This sangria recipe has since become my go-to for Friendsgiving get-togethers, dinner for my in-laws (we host Thanksgiving the Sunday before so we all can just enjoy one dinner the day of), and monthly book club pretty much from September until November – it’s that good!
What kind of wine to use
What I love about any sangria recipe is how easy it is to customize. Seriously, you need your favorite wine, fresh juice and a few other add-ins.
For this Apple Pie Sangria, I highly suggest a white wine such as a drier white such as pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc.
Pinot Grigio is perfect for sangria. It’s light, not too sweet, and mixes well with lots of fruit. If you like really sweet, you could use a moscato as well. But that’s up to you.
Make it a Mocktail
This drink is so festive and fun for the holiday season! But if you need to make this cocktail a mocktail, it couldn’t be easier.
To make this sangria a mocktail: simply forgo the white wine and vodka and top with additional sparkling water and fresh orange juice for balance.
What I love most about this sangria is that it can be made ahead of time. The longer the fruit sits in the pitcher, the more flavorful it will be. I like to make in a pitcher the day before I plan to serve. Just make sure to stir before pouring – enjoy!
Apple Pie Sangria
- 2 red apples, diced
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils - seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1-750 ml bottle white wine - pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc suggested
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 12 ounces orange or tangerine sparkling water - or can use seltzer water
- To a pitcher, add chopped apples, sliced orange and pomegranate arils. Stir in honey and combine. Pour white wine and vodka, and apple cider. Add cinnamon spice and sticks and stir pitcher to combine. Top with sparking water. Can be made up to 1-day in advance.
- To make this sangria a mocktail: simply forgo the white wine and vodka and top with additional sparkling water and fresh orange juice for balance.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.