I make a big ol’ batch of Shredded Buffalo Chicken on the reg. I toss this chicken in salads, nachos, burrito-esque bowls….
With the Big Game around the corner, these Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins are the perfect plate for your homegating par-tay. We had friends over last week for playoff football, and to test some new recipes for my bloggy blog (do people say, “bloggy blog”?) and I am happy to report back my toughest critics l.o.v.e.d. these taters!
I added two kinds of cheese. If you’re going for Paleo or on a Whole 30 for the game of all games, omit the cheese and add some guac! I have completed two Whole 30 rounds during the Super Bowl, and while it may impossible, with the right food, no one will even know you’re forgoing cheese
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 cups shredded chicken - pre-cooked, rotisserie, etc
- 1/2 cup red pepper sauce - such as Frank's Red Hot
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash and dry off the potatoes, thoroughly. Pierce each potato with a fork.
- Bake potatoes for 35-45 minutes (depending on size) until they are semi soft. Don't cook all the way, since these potatoes will once again go back into the oven. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine the chicken with the hot sauce to a mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Once potatoes are cool, cut potato into halves. Scoop center filling from each half to create a "boat". Load each boat with chicken mixture and cheddar cheese.
- Place in oven under the broiler for 8-10 minutes or until edges are crispy. Remove from the oven, top with blue cheese crumble, and garnish with cilantro (if desired).Enjoy!