This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
One of my go-to meals when I can’t think of what to make is a good ol’ taco or fajita dinner. I mean think about it – meat, veggies, cheese (how I love thee), and tortillas (or lettuce wraps, or sometimes just a bowl).
They’re so versatile since you can use just about anything you want. I’m on more of a fajita kick lately, using grilled peppers and onions, with a zesty, fresh salsa.
Over the summer, I really got into fruit salsas! Like a lot, you guys. Most of those summer fruits aren’t in season yet, but winter strawberries are. And I thought why not? Sweet strawberries with jalapenos, fresh avocado and all my other favorite fajita ingredients.
This weekend, the #SundaySupper gang traveled to Plant City, Florida to learn more about the Florida Strawberry Growers and the Florida Strawberry Industry in general. Plant City is less than an hour from Casa de Crews, and my in-laws live in ol’ PC as well. So getting the chance to learn more about Fresh from Florida Strawberries was a no-brainer! I can’t wait to share more about our trip this weekend, in a follow-up post (because truly this weekend, the info, and the fun we are having deserve their own blog post).
And BONUS: We’ll enjoy a live #SundaySupper event this evening with dinner afterward at Élevage, located within the Epicurean Hotel (where we have been so fortunate to stay this weekend) – join us on Twitter and tweet along!
I can’t rave enough about Fresh from Florida Strawberries. No matter your diet, everyone can enjoy them (low-carb, low-cal, paleo, whole 30, clean eating,etc), and since season begins in winter, we can all enjoy the freshness earlier than most #holla
For today’s recipe, I am using flour tortillas, but feel free to substitute lettuce wraps or convert into a fajita bowl – depending on how you eat. I’m not your momma; you know what works best for your diet. Get more nutritional info on our strawberries, here. For a little twist, I added crumbled goat cheese to compliment the salsa (and I mean it’s GOAT CHEESE, people), but feel free to omit should you feel so inclined.
See what other tasty recipes using Fresh from Florida Strawberries we’re sharing below:
- Strawberry Bee’s Knees by Go Epicurista
- Strawberries with Balsamic Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Hotteok (Fried Stuffed Pancake) by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry Salsa 2-Ways by Midlife Road Trip
- Strawberry and Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastries with a Strawberry Dipping Sauce by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by Momma’s Meals
- Sparkling Strawberry Salad by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Steak Salad by Family Foodie
Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken Fajitas with Strawberry-Jalapeno Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Brie Grilled Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Savory Balsamic Roasted Strawberry and Basil Grilled Cheese by Pass The Sushi
- Strawberry Bruschetta Chicken by The Dinner-Mom
- Chocolate Strawberry Tart by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Cream Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Fraisier by Love and Confections
- Strawberry Upside-Down Cheesecake by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.