Quick + easy homemade blender salsa comes together in 5-minutes or less with fresh and clean ingredients, zero sugar, and loads of flavor! This salsa recipe is perfect for a party, or meal prep throughout the week.
Salsa is probably one of my favorite condiments; perfect for dipping chips (obvi), crockpot salsa chicken for meal prep, turkey taco skillets, over eggs, baked potatoes…you get the point. We lurve salsa at casa de crews.
I love prepping homemade salsa, sauces, dips, etc. for the week. Whether it’s to get ready for a weekend party, or to prep food for the week, homemade condiments such as homemade salsa add a punch of flavor to up the home cook’s game, and I’m for it.
What is the difference between homemade blender salsa and pico de gallo?
This easy homemade salsa recipe uses fresh garlic and cilantro, fresh red onion, and jalapeno for kick, with canned tomatoes. While I love using fresh tomatoes for salsa, that’s more of a pico de gallo, than a quick blender salsa. You’ll want to use 1-can of fire roasted tomatoes and 1-can of diced tomatoes with chiles (think: Ro*TEL) to hold up in a blender.
Fresh pico de gallo is also a salsa, but it’s a fresh tomato salsa, best enjoyed immediately after making (or within the same day). Homemade blender salsa can me prepared and enjoyed throughout the week. The longer homemade blender salsa chills in the refrigerator, the more flavor. I like to prep in 5-minutes or less, store in a mason jar and use as I need.
How to make homemade blender salsa
- To a blender (900-watts or higher) add all salsa ingredients. Pulse several times to combine all ingredients.
- Add salt, pepper and/or lime juice, to taste.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Can be stored up to 7 days in a mason jar, refrigerated.
That is it! Simple, clean, sugar-free and delicious! It tastes pretty close to any restaurant salsa you’d order out, but you made it at home.
This easy salsa recipe is whole30, paleo, low in carbs, zero sugar, pretty much the perfect condiment! This salsa is great for any party: football, cinco, game night with friends, etc.
Use any blender you like with 900-watts or more. This is my blender. Any high powered blender will work. If you have a food processor, but not a blender, you can use instead and the recipe will turn out the same.
This salsa recipe will make close to 3-cups of salsa. It comes in at 3 net carbs per serving (1/4 cup), it’s whole30, paleo…honestly, just the perfect easy condiment we all need.
homemade blender salsa
- 1 14.5- ounce can diced tomatoes - fire roasted
- 1 10- ounce can diced tomatoes with chiles - such as Ro*TEL
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste - about 1 teaspoon of each to start, can add to taste as you go
- To a blender or food processor add all ingredients. Pulse several times to combine all ingredients.
- Add additional salt, pepper and/or lime juice according to taste.
- Chill at least one hour, before serving. Can be stored up to 7 days in a mason jar, refrigerated.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.