This post has been sponsored by Kingsford®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Fire up the grill, with the help of Kingsford® Original Charcoal, and turn your typical barbecue chicken breast into Grilled BBQ Chicken Kebabs! Tender, juicy, spice-rubbed, and basted BBQ chicken skewers straight off the grill.
If you think grilled chicken breast can be dry, then you need to make these Grilled BBQ Chicken Kebabs and change your mind! The spice rub on the chicken and veggies is packed with flavor, before they’re basted with bbq sauce.
When we host people at Casa de Crews, sometimes I’m the grill-master in our backyard and sometimes it’s Jason. It just depends who has more time. No matter who mans the grill, we both agree that Kingsford® Original Charcoal is our go-to brand.
Let’s chat sports! Are you into them? I love football food more than the game itself. We love hosting friends at Casa de Crews on Sundays where we fire up the grill outside; invite everyone over; and grill, eat, watch, and cheer.
Grilled Chicken Breasts are incredibly easy to make but when you’re hosting Sunday Funday, who wants to cut into a chicken breast? Grilled Chicken Kebabs are perfect for a football watch party (homegating) or tailgate outside.
Charcoal makes it easy to grill up BBQ Chicken Kebabs in like, zero time. It actually takes longer to assemble the skewers than it does to grill them. Kingsford Charcoal briquettes grill up our favorite recipes in just 15 minutes, which is faster than other brands. Plus, there is just nothing better than the smoky wood-fired flavor you taste from the grill.
Honestly, for years, Jason was the grill-master, until he made me learn how to help woman the grill. And once I saw how easy it was using charcoal for grilling, I couldn’t pretend anymore that I couldn’t help out. And now, I honestly love being the one outside grilling up kebabs.
You already know my love for ButcherBox; we’re regular subscribers and always have their chicken breast on hand. Firing up the grill with ButcherBox chicken breast is a no-brainer, and turning them into skewers on the grill takes no time at all.
To Make These Grilled BBQ Chicken Kebabs
I like to thread several chunks of chicken breast, sliced red onion, fresh pineapple, and mini peppers on a skewer before coating in a BBQ dry rub.
Then they go on the grill where they’ll cook 7-10 minutes before they’re basted with BBQ sauce.
If you’re using wood skewers, make sure to soak for 30 minutes in water before preparing your kebabs. This prevents the skewers from burning on the grill.
grilled bbq chicken kebabs
- 2 lbs ButcherBox chicken breast - cubed
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 red onion - cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb baby bell peppers - whole
- 1 pineapple - cut into 2" pieces
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce of choice
- 1 cup cilantro - packed
- Lime wedges - for garnish (optional)
- metal or bamboo skewers - soaked
- Cut chicken breast into 1¼-inch cubes.
- Combine the dried spices with olive oil and fresh squeezed lime juice to make a paste. Combine paste with cubed chicken breast and set aside.
- To each skewer, thread cubed chicken, pineapple, peppers and onions, rotating ingredients after ever piece. This step can be done in advance if bringing to a tailgate party.
- Prepare your charcoal grill for direct grilling over medium heat (350-450 degreeand allow it to preheat for 10-15 minutes. Brush the grates with oil or cooking spray.
- Once hot, grill kebabs over direct medium heat turning once. Keep the lid closed as much as possible. Using an instant read thermometer, grill until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from grill and baste with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges and dig in!