This Easy Roasted Broccoli is the perfect side dish; crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, say hello to your new favorite broccoli recipe!
easy roasted broccoli
It took me many years to enjoy broccoli. I was a child about it way into my twenties – but after learning how to roast broccoli instead of steaming or sautéing and I’ve never looked back.
This broccoli is also really tasty in a grain or veggie bowl, drizzled with lemon-tahini dressing.
crispy broccoli florets
The trick to achieving crispy, flavorful roasted broccoli is to roast on high heat and let it do its thing. You’ll want to roast this broccoli for 20ish minutes (10 minutes per side) at 400 degrees F.
I also recommend using melted butter or ghee to ensure your broccoli not only crisps and is crunchy, but has amazing an amazing and rich flavor.
If you’re vegan or can’t have dairy: use avocado oil or coconut oil over olive oil – both coconut oil and avocado have high smoke points and cook well on high temperatures.
As-is, I like to toss this easy roasted broccoli with melted ghee, salt and pepper before squeezing with fresh lemon juice.
It’s easy and crispy and pairs well with any main dish. That’s the base and how it’s included in the recipe card below.
But it’s also incredibly versatile, so feel free to get creative with different seasoning combinations beyond this basic lemon, salt and pepper!
- Parmesan Cheese: I love topping roasted broccoli with salty, nutty Parmesan cheese or sharp cheddar cheese. I would suggest following the cook times below in the recipe card and tossing in cheese once removed from the oven.
- Spicy: Crushed pepper flakes are a great way to add some spice! Sprinkle a small amount onto the roasted broccoli after it has finished cooking.
- Everything Bagel: Are you surprised I recommend this? I have so many recipes using this versatile spice!
- Asian Spin: Drizzle your broccoli with sesame oil and coconut aminos or tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds after it’s finished cooking!
Hope you love this side as much as we do – enjoy!
easy roasted broccoli
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli cut into florets - cleaned and dried, stem and stalk removed
- 3 tablespoons ghee or butter, melted - or avocado oil or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Juice from half a lemon, about 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add broccoli florets to baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter or oil and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then flip. Rotate the pan 180 degrees and continue baking for 10 more minutes, until florets are tender and the tips of the florets are turning dark and crispy.
- Remove from oven and squeeze fresh lemon juice and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.