- 1 14.5- ounce can diced tomatoes - fire roasted
- 1 10- ounce can diced tomatoes with chiles - such as Ro*TEL
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste - about 1 teaspoon of each to start, can add to taste as you go
To a blender or food processor add all ingredients. Pulse several times to combine all ingredients.
Add additional salt, pepper and/or lime juice according to taste.
Chill at least one hour, before serving. Can be stored up to 7 days in a mason jar, refrigerated.
makes approx 3 cups.
makes 12 servings at 1/4 cup per serving
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 30kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fiber: 2g