- 1 lb. penne pasta (or farfalle, orecchiette, etc) - gluten-free, optional
- 1 cup pesto - homemade or store bought
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella - ciliegine, bocconcini, pearls, etc
- 1 1/2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn or finely chopped - chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - optional
To a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
To a large mixing bowl, combine cooked pasta, pesto, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving, drizzle in 1 tablespoon olive oil and mix well. Serve and enjoy
Serving: 1g | Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 3g