- 4 pound turkey breast - bone-in or boneless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter/ghee
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage - chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
If using dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
First, make sure you have a fully defrosted turkey breast that will fit in your Air Fryer basket. See notes below
To a small bowl or ramekin, mix olive oil or melted butter and fresh herbs or dried spices to create a paste. Season turkey breast liberally with paste.
Boneless turkey breast
Preheat your air fryer to 360F. Roast for 40-45 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the internal temp is 160 degrees F. Using an instant-read thermometer for best results.
Transfer the boneless turkey breast to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil. Let it rest for 10-minutes before carving. See notes below to carve.
Bone-in turkey breast
Preheat your air fryer to 360F. Cook skin side down 20 minutes, turn over and cook until the internal temperature is 160F using an instant-read thermometer about 30 to 40 minutes more depending on the size of your breast.
Transfer the bone-in turkey breast to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil. Let it rest for 10-minutes before carving. See notes below to carve.
- Allow the cooked breast to rest on a carving board for at least 10ish minutes under foil loosely tented to allow the juices to evenly redistribute.
- Some people prefer a serrated knife but I prefer a sharp chef’s knife that I like to use. If you are using a chef knife use long even strokes. If you are using a serrated knife use a sawing motion.
- Bring your knife around to the front and connect where you started carving at the top of the breast bone.
- Cut down the ribs. Follow it around and down to the bottom to connect to the bottom of the first breast bone cut. Pull the meat away from the bone and slice. Repeat the same on the other side.
- To slice the boneless breast(s), slice or saw against the grain and serve immediately.
nutrition info is for an approx serving of 6ish ounces per person for a boneless breast using olive oil.
- Thaw in refrigerator: not at room temperature. Place unopened roast on a tray in refrigerator for 1½ to 2 days, or until thawed. Cook within 4 days of thawing.
- To thaw faster. Place unopened breast in cold tap water for 3 to 5 hours. Change water every 30 minutes to keep turkey cold. When thawed, keep in refrigerator until ready to cook. Cook within 4 days of thawing.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 7g