Impress your Valentine this year with a flavorful, romantical [it’s a word] dinner; Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta. It’s simple, light, and packed with flavor. And no need to make reservations!
The first Valentine’s Day Jason and I were together, he made a big fuss over the day. Reservations were made at a local fondue restaurant, but since everyone else had the same idea, we ended up eating dinner at 5pm, which isn’t super romantic when you’re rushed after a day from work, and the only two people in the restaurant!
Since then, we’ve celebrated Valentine’s Day a number of ways; attending hockey games, trips to the movie theatre, or one year I made a roast chicken for my boyfriend, and somehow ruined it. Lucky for me, a month later my boyfriend proposed, so I suppose that roast chicken wasn’t too bad, now was it? I like to think my cooking has since improved…
I think we tend to do simple things for Valentine’s Day, because of our busy schedules. Having a husband in law school means we don’t get to do all the normal date-type things together the way many of our friends may, so a night out for us may be simple, but we’re happy. At the end of the day spending quality time together is all that matters, isn’t it?
This year, we’re actually going to spend it with a few friends to attend another live sports event. But I plan to make this Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta for dinner, so we have some alone time before we’re with friends. For me, there is no greater way to show my love than through food. Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, or not!
This dish is so simple, but I feel like the bruschetta, marinated with a good olive oil, garlic, and balsamic vinergarette, help to kick up any ol’ grilled chicken breast in an elegant way.
For presentation, and extra flavor, I like to make a balsamic reduction at the end to top over my Bruschetta Chicken.
This light, flavorful dish pairs really well with a glass of Gallo Family Vineyard’s Riesling. I first tried Gallo Family‘s Riesling last summer at the Food and Wine Conference, and to date, it is the best Riesling I have ever had – not too sweet, and not too tart. With whispers of honeysuckle, juicy peach and ripe citrus notes, Gallo Family’s Riesling is the perfect wine to pair with tomatoes, chicken, and/or pasta, so make sure to buy a bottle to pair with your dinner – find out where you can buy Gallo Family’s Riesling, here.
This dish is also good for dinner as a family this Valentine’s Day, or your girlfriends if you’re celebrating Galentine’s Day ala Parks and Recreation!
I am topping my Bruschetta Chicken over zucchini “pasta”, but any side you choose will be perfect, I promise!
Make sure to view Gallo Family’s blog post for Valentine’s Day, and visit them online as well:
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt, and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb chicken breast, grilled
- Pasta, optional
- Combine tomato, onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes, to allow flavor to marinate, approx 10 minutes.
- Combine mix after 10 minutes, with garlic, basil, and additional salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 30 minutes to as long as overnight.
- Top grille chicken breast with Bruschetta when ready to serve.
See what other romantical dishes we’re cooking up for #SundaySupper!
Alluring Appetizers and Brunch:
- Burrata and Garlic Tomato Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms by Life Tastes Good
- Strawberry Love Bombs by Peaceful Cooking
Magnificent Main Dishes:
- Braised Lamb Ragu by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bruschetta Chicken and Pasta by Casa de Crews
- Mahi Mahi with Roasted Tomatoes and Fennel by The Messy Baker
- Seafood Risotto by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Thai Sweet Chili Glazed Salmon by The Foodie Army Wife
Dazzling Desserts and Sweets:
- Caramel Apple Pie Bites for Two by Feed Me, Seymour
- Chocolate Coconut Haystacks by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Coeur a la Creme by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Espresso Creme Brulee by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Gluten Free Deep Dish Red Velvet Brownies for Two by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Creamy Lemon Tart by Magnolia Days
- Mocha Fudge by Alida’s Kitchen
- Polenta Cake with Honey Yogurt and Peach Preserves by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Raspberry Custard by Nosh My Way
- Raspberry Meringue Hearts by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Brownie by Flavor Mosaic
- Valentine’s Day Cream Puffs by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
*Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.