Sheet pan roasted veggies tossed in olive oil, with chicken sausage, ready in 30 minutes. Paleo, Whole 30, a clean meal all around!
When I started this blog, it was more of a lifestyle site, where I shared my life as a newlywed. It only began to evolve into a food blog once Jason went to law school, and I had to get serious about meal planning so that we didn’t starve!
About two years ago when Jason and I started helping to raise our nephew, I was incredibly overwhelmed, and my weekends were making sure a six year old was eating enough, and Jason was on his own. We’ve since stopped watching our nephew on the weekends, but around the same time that stopped, life got incredibly busy for me; this blog started to keep me busy, my events company had work, and I was either working from home, or traveling to sites for my day job. If I was working from home, I rarely meal prepped – instead eating whatever we had, or not eating at all.
That’s not to say in the last two years or so, I haven’t meal planned at all, but my routine has been out of whack, for a lonnnng time. Plus, now I have a husband who is done with law school, and done with the bar exam, and we need our own routine back as a couple.
So! Each weekend, Jason and I now plan the menu out for the week ahead. The days we plan to eat out, the days he will cook, and the nights I will. Plus, meal prepping really does save on money. I like prepping 1-2 meals for lunch on Sunday that we can both just grab and go with. Like Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies!
This meal is great for dinner in under thirty minutes, with little work, or cleanup, using only a sheet pan (#holla), but it’s even better for a healthy lunch! I wasn’t planning on this being paleo, or whole 30 compliant, but if you’re doing a W30, this is a great option for lunch or dinner. It’s just a complete, healthy, balanced meal all the way around, no matter your lifestyle. Generally, I wouldn’t eat potatoes for lunch, but I had some red ‘taters leftover from another dish, and knew they’d be SO tasty roasted to a crisp with seasons.
I used Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, plus a little fresh garlic, salt and pepper. You could make a simple spice blend using onion powder, dried parsley, garlic salt, etc. Olive or avocado oil are both great for roasting this sheet! I bought my Chicken Sausage from Costco in bulk, so I can make this meal, often. You can of course buy chicken sausage anywhere.
Tools I used to make this recipe:
sheet pan chicken sausage and veggies
- 1 pound baby red potatoes - cubed
- 6 ounces petite baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil separated - you can also use avocado oil
- 6 ounces 2 cups green beans
- ½ large red or yellow onion - sliced
- 1- 13 ounce package chicken sausage links - any flavor you like
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a very large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Place the cubed red potatoes and baby carrots on the sheet pan. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and half of the spice mix, and garlic on top. Toss to combine and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the green beans by trimming the ends. Thinly slice the onion. Coin the sausage.
- Remove the potatoes and carrots from the oven and using a spatula push them to one side of the pan. On the other side add in the chopped green beans, sliced onion, sausage, and leftover minced garlic. Add the remaining olive oil and remaining seasoning mix. Toss to combine and then toss those ingredients with the potatoes and carrots.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until veggies are roasted through.
- Serve immediately, or prep in five containers for the work week.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.
Oh this looks so good. Thanks for sharing. I love roasted potatoes.
Roasted Potatoes are always my favorite!
YUM! I love that this is a yummy dinner, and also great for lunch leftovers. Gimme all the red potatoes <3
Haha, right? I love roasted red potatoes!
I love sheet pan dinners. I’m going to have to try this one.
Sheet pan meals are the absolute best!!!! This one sounds amazing!
I’m all about easy, and this is it!
You had me at sheet pan!! I’m all about trying to make this for lunch and split for me and G! xo, Biana
Right? Next week, I think I am making sheet pan fajitas! I am all about easy.
Amber K says
We just got a Costco membership and I am in love. I was impressed with the produce and healthy options they have. I will have to look for these next time!!
They had a few different brands of chicken sausage, I’ll have to look up the brand and email you. I <3 Costco!