If you’ve been visiting Casa de Crews for a while, you already know my love of Greek food. It’s fresh, flavorful, and almost everything I’ve ever made at home, is insanely easy. #holla
So when today’s #SundaySupper theme involved recipes with minimal labor for Labor Day weekend, I knew it would involve something Greek! That, and I had to make my Greek Orzo Salad today for my niece’s first birthday party. I’m killing two birds here, you guys. 🙂
Also, HOW IS MY NIECE ONE?! She is the sweetest, sassiest gal and I love the heck out of her. I feel like it was only a month ago my brother in-law texted us all at 3am that it was GO time, and I was begging my boss to leave work early to be with my family on a Monday (luckily, the powers that be at the j.o.b. let me go, and I was able to be with my whole family (and one very doped up sister/new mom ;)) during the exciting time)…and sweet niece was soooo leetttttle. Oh my gosh. She’s not even my kid, and I miss her that teeny.
Anyway, sister asked me to make my orzo for today’s par-tay, and who am I do deny her such a dish. But then I got to thinking, how easy the orzo is, but it kind of seems ‘fancy’, right? Orzo makes me think like that.
So does endive (I sound like the saddeset person ever, don’t I?). It looks pretty, but there is like zero effort (labor) involved in cooking with it.
All you need to do is take your fave Greek flavors, toss em’ together, add a bit of homemade vinaigrette, and stuff an endive boat. Helllllllllo, easy.
You need these boats in your life!
- 12 endive leaves
- 1 14 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup banana peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 ripe lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano OR Italian Seasoning Spice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Combine all salad ingredients into bowl, except got endive.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, allow flavors to marinate for several hours.
- When ready to serve, stuff endive boats with salad mixture.
**P.S. You can now find me as a monthly contributor over on the HSN blog! My first post went live this weekend (here). I would absolutely lurve if you peaked at my first recipe, and let me know your thoughts!**Greek Salad Endive Boats for #SundaySupper Click To Tweet
See what other easy dishes we’re sharing for #SundaySupper:
Savory Snacks and Sides:
- Butternut Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas by Our Good Life
- Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups by Soni’s Food
- Easy Peasy Cole Slaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fruit & Cheese Platter by The Freshman Cook
- Olive Tapenade by Whole Food | Real Families
- Semi-Homemade Baked Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Sourdough Baguette by A Gouda Life
Labor Free Main Dishes:
- Ace of Clubs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the Grill by Family Foodie
- Easy Baked Spaghetti for a Crowd by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Greek Salad Endive Boats by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous by Books n’ Cooks
- Simple Cheese Enchiladas by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Simple Shrimp on the Grill by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mustard Barbecue Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Turkey Sloppy Joes by Food Done Light
- Smoked Paprika Roast Chicken by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spicy Thai Noodles by Momma’s Meals
Sweet Treats and Drinks:
- Apple Spice Dump Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Blender Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Scones with Citrus Glaze by Eat Picks
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut Martini by Desserts Required
- Creamy Coconut Popsicles by Food Lust People Love
- Easy Strawberry Peach Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mango Salad with Crystallized Ginger by MealDiva
- Mini Pavlovas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Bar by Brunch with Joy
- One Step Vanilla Sauce by Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.