This post is sponsored by Florida Beef Council in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Everywhere I look online, friends are posting, “Sad to see summer go!”, and “Summer has ended.” Most of these friends have kiddos, so I get that summer break is over (my own student (the mister) starts his last semester of law school tomorrow, himself – yayyyyy!), but I’m over here still grilling away, and savoring all that summer has to offer, while I can.
Plus, I live in Florida, people. Let’s be real, ‘summer’ will be here long after the official season has ended.
I love a good salad. Most of the time, Jason will grill meats for the week, and I’ll make a salad of some kind to go with said meats. But, I do get bored easily, and am always finding new ways to jazz up my salad. Adding fresh fruit, tangy homemade dressings, and a flavorful protein is the way to go.
This Balsamic Steak and Grilled Peach Salad is the perfect way to keep on celebrating summer! I love throwing fresh peaches on the grill, along with a tasty cut from the Florida Beef Council. Flank Steak is my favorite cut of beef for this salad, since it’s lean, and so flavorful. Marinating my Flank Steak in balsamic vinegar helps to tenderize, before it goes on the grill. Skirt Steak is also a tasty option for this salad.
Did you know A single serving of lean beef is 3 ounces (approximately the size of a smart phone), and has an average of 150 calories with less than 10 grams of fat? Plus just one serving of beef meets 50% of your recommended daily value of protein. Protein helps to keep you fuller longer, too. Tasty beef doesn’t just provide complete, high quality protein, but it also contains high amounts of zinc, iron, and vitamins B6 and B12, along with other key vitamins and minerals your body needs.
…people, you need this salad in your life. I mean, did you see all the benefits above?! Plus, seriously it is so good.
The marinade is simple, and I use it to dress the greens as well (I used mixed baby romaine, but any salad greens you enjoy will do), with sliced peaches, and Gorgonzola cheese…my friends, for serious, make this salad, now!
- 1 lb. flank, or skirt steak
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 6 cups greens of choice
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- To a bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/4 marinade for salad, later. Take 3/4 marinade and add steak to a shallow dish, or ziploc bag. Let marinate for 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat your outdoor grill or a grill pan (indoors) to high. Season beef generously with salt and pepper. Add steak then grill for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on how thick your steak is, then let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- While beef is resting, slice peaches in half, and place on grill for 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool, and slice thin.
- To a bowl or plate, evenly divide salad greens, and Gorgonzola. Toss with balsamic/honey marinade (reserved from earlier - NOT the used marinade from meat). Top with sliced steak. Enjoy!
Fresh grilled stone fruit, tangy marinated Flank Steak, that doubles as this salad’s dressing. Help me hold onto summer as long as we can!
See what other recipes we’ve been inspired to make this weekend using beef, below:
- Balsamic Steak and Grilled Peach Salad by Casa de Crews
- Beef and Cheddar Risotto by My World Simplified
- Beef, Brie and Onion Jam Canapes by Family Around The Table
- Creamy Polenta with Shredded Beef Braised in a Tomato Wine Sauce by Girl Abroad
- Grilled Steak Fajita Quinoa Bowls by Katie’s Cucina
- Joe’s Special by Family Foodie
- Korean Bibimbap by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mini Beef Wellingtons by Cricket’s Confections
- Roast Beef Sliders topped with Smoked Gouda and Caramelized Onions by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs Bowl by Having Fun Saving and Cooking
- Steak & Farro Rainbow Salad by Go Epicurista
- Steak and Eggs Benedict Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Steak Frites by April Golightly
- Thai Noodle Steak Salad by Dessert Geek
- Vaca Frita Rice Bowl by Love and Confections
- Speaking Beef: A Handy Guide to International Beef Cuts by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.