This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyAmericanFlatbreadPizza #CollectiveBias
Creamy and crunchy, tart and tangy, this Shaved Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad is ready to enjoy in just ten minutes! Caesar Salads of any kind are always a favorite of ours at Casa de Crews. They seem so indulgent, but are pretty much the easiest salads you’ll ever make. On Fridays we either grill steak or make pizza at home, and about 90% of the time, a Caesar Salad is on the menu!
Romaine or kale are always an easy green to any Caesar Salad recipe, but this time of year I love shredded raw brussel sprouts tossed in my homemade Caesar dressing with crispy bacon and homemade croutons.
How to shred Brussels Sprouts
The fastest, easiest way to shred Brussels sprouts is with a food processor fitted with the slicing attachment (example below).
- Make sure to rinse to clean whole brussel sprout.
- Slice off the tough woody stems, using a chef’s knife. Discard stems.
- As you’re slicing, a few outer leaves will usually fall away. Discard those leaves.
- With the slicing attachment fitted, drop a handful of whole Brussels sprouts in. You may need to do this in batches.
That’s it! It couldn’t be easier. While you’re prepping your sprouts you can prep your bacon and croutons to make a Shaved Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad.
How to make homemade croutons
Homemade croutons are like homemade crostini but more bite size. Ten minutes is all you need at 350 degrees F for legit tasting croutons that taste better than anything from a bag.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice 1/2 of a French Baguette into small cubes.
- To a baking sheet, add cubed baguette and a generous drizzle of olive oil, about 2 TBSP.
- Bake for ten minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove and cool before tossing into your Caesar Salad.
Listen, by Friday night, I’m kind of dead to the world. If we grill steaks, Jason is in charge. If we make pizza, I usually handle it. I love making homemade pizza when time permits; I know exactly what is in my dough, and can ensure that I’m using quality ingredients that I trust and can pronounce. But sometimes, I don’t have time for all that and/or I just want to chill after a long week. For the Fridays where I’m not into making pizza from scratch, I like to pick up American Flatbread Pizza from Publix. Lucky for me, our Publix has the wine aisle across from the pizza aisle so I’ve got all the important Friday night bases covered.
You can see on the back of each box the ingredient list (obviously) and see that the sauce is made of organic ingredients like carrots, celery, onions, red wine, and olive oil. With uncured meats and fresh herbs, this doesn’t taste like a frozen pizza – seriously. American Flatbread Pizzas taste like wood-fired pizza we enjoy going out for, but we can have at home in just 5-8 minutes. I mean, if that isn’t how you do a proper pizza night, you’re probably doing it wrong.
If you want to make sure you spend even less time in the kitchen, you can prep the bacon and your croutons for your Shaved Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad ahead of time. You can buy pre-shredded brussel sprouts if you like (personally I don’t find them to be as fresh, but that’s my own preference – but do what works for you!) and buy already made croutons while you’re at Publix, shopping for your American Flatbread Pizza.
other recipes like this:
shredded brussels sprouts caesar salad
- 1/2 French baguette, cubed - can also use sourdough loaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
shaved brussels sprouts caesar salad
- 6 slices bacon - cooked to package directions, crumbled
- ¼ cup croutons - homemade or store bought
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts - cleaned, trimmed and shredded
- ¼ cup Caesar Salad Dressing - plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese - optional
- First make the croutons: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice 1/2 of a French Baguette into small cubes.To a baking sheet, add cubed baguette and a generous drizzle of olive oil, about 2 TBSP and toss with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake for ten minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove and cool before tossing into your Caesar Salad.
- Prepare bacon according to package directions. Once done, allow to cool before roughly chopping.
- While bacon and croutons cook, prepare Brussels sprouts: rinse with water and trim stems. Using the slicing attachment of your food processor, add a handful of whole Brussels and shred. This will need to be done in batches.
- Transfer shredded sprouts to a serving bowl. Add croutons and chopped bacon. Mix in ¼ cup Caesar Salad dressing and gently toss to combine. Add additional dressing, if desired. Serve immediately.
This Shredded Brussel Sprouts Caesar Salad is the perfect side salad to celebrate pizza night – enjoy!
[…] in the air fryer, you can prep any sides you plan to serve. I love a solid salad on the side like a Shaved Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad, Strawberry Spring Mix Salad or Winter Salad with Fig […]