Up the flavor of your favorite hummus recipe with all the fresh Greek flavors. This hummus dip recipe is pool party perfect and so easy to make!
Hummus is one of my favorite go-to party dips. So is guacamole; also French onion dip. I guess I like party dips more than I thought. But what I love most about hummus is that you can eat as-is, use it in other recipes, or load.it.up. Loading it up is my real favorite.
And you know how much I love all things Greek-inspired, so why I didn’t already have a Greek Hummus Dip on here is a surprise to me, you guys. But I’ve fixed that for you, and not only is today’s recipe a Greek Hummus Dip, but it’s a Greek Hummus Dip with a layer of cool and creamy Greek yogurt (think: tzatziki!), topped with all of my favorite mediterranean flavahs.
And! And you can make this hummus ahead of time to serve at any summer soirée or pool party. I made this Layered Greek Hummus Dip with Yogurt for the 4th of July, and it was a hit. So much so, that my momma asked me to make it again this weekend for her to bring to an event she’s hosting.
Pita bread or tortilla chips are always tasty with any hummus dip, but fresh, crunchy celery allows a little more bang for my buck when I’m
inhaling enjoying this Greek Hummus Dip – plus, less calories. I like to use Dandy celery, which is the sweetest, crispiest celery with the fewest strings. They even have three PhDs on staff who work with Mother Nature to make it taste this good.
But okay seriously, have you ever thought about stringy celery? I hadn’t, except now I am thinking about the times I have had celery with a lot of strings (usually dining out), and less strings definitely make all the difference in taste, doesn’t it?
You can make your own hummus at home – it is seriously so easy, but you can also buy store-bought, because it’s summer and maybe you’re too busy enjoying the season to mess up the kitchen. You do you. You can prep the hummus toppings by chopping in advance as well. This Layered Greek Hummus Dip with Yogurt is meant to be an e a s y and flavorful party dip to make, and enjoy, without much effort.
The hummus dip recipe below is made using my favorite Greek-inspired toppings: cucumber, tomatoes, roasted red pepper, kalamata olives, feta cheese and dill, with lots of fresh lemon and parsley, but please feel free to use these Mediterranean toppings as a guide, and sub in whatever you like. Enjoy!
Items used to make this recipe:
layered greek hummus dip with yogurt
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill - plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped - plus more for garnish
- 10-12 ounces of your favorite hummus - , store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 seeded cucumber, diced - also called English cucumber
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, diced
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, quartered and diced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Dandy® celery, pita chips, carrots, etc. for serving
- To a small mixing bowl combine Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and fresh herbs. Mix to combine.
- To large serving plate, spread Greek yogurt evenly. Next spread hummus layer over Greek yogurt.
- Top with cucumber, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, red pepper, and feta cheese. Garnish with additional fresh herbs and lemon juice, if desired.
- Refrigerate and cover, until ready to serve; can be made 1-2 days in advance.
Other party dips to enjoy:
Let’s Skinny Dip! I kid. But please do enter Dandy’s Skinny Dips Sweepstakes for your chance to WIN the ultimate pool party prize pack, or one of four Visa gift cards. PLUS- when you enter, you’ll get a copy of the Skinny Dips Summer Snacking Guide, full of snack hacks and pool party tricks to keep you cool all summer long. Enter, here. Good Luck!