I love love love Sesame Chicken, you guys. If we pick up take-out, that’s the only thing I ever order. Of course, the quick to order kind is loaded with all kinds of bad things.
I have my own slow cooker version using homemade date paste which is quite tasty, but also time consuming. You have to soak the dates, create a paste, then slow cook chicken for several hours. I still love my cleaned up version and make it when I have the time, but I have found a new way to get my Sesame Chicken fix [that’s a thing, I promise] in much less time!
The Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce from McCormick will save you plenty of time when you’re in need of stir-fry in a hurry! The sauce packet is loaded with tons of flavor including garlic, ginger, and soy sauce – all spices I use when I make my own. So it’s nice to know the classic flavors I already use are available in a saucy packet, to help me get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
I personally like to make my Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry with chicken thighs to add more flavor, since we end up taking the dinner leftovers for lunch the following day, but boneless, skinless chicken breasts will work just as well, of course. I top my stir fry over cauliflower ‘rice’, but use white or brown rice, noodles, lettuce wraps, etc if you want. Simple, fast, tasty. Enjoy!
- 1 pkg. McCormick Skillet Sauce
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, or thighs, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups cut-up vegetables for stir-fry
- Scallions for garnish, optional
- Heat oil in skillet on high heat. Add chicken, cook and stir 5 minutes, until no longer pink
- Add vegetables. Cook and stir on medium-high heat 3 minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in Sesame Chicken Sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute or until heated through.
- Serve over cauli rice, if desired
Snag easy skillet dinner ideas from McCormick Skillet Sauces, by visiting their Pinterest board.
See what other simple, tasty, and creative dishes we’re sharing today featuring #McSkilletSauce for Sunday Supper:
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
*This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.*