I love love love Sesame Chicken, you guys. If we pick up take-out, that’s the only thing I ever order. Of course, the quick to order kind is loaded with all kinds of bad things.
I have my own slow cooker version using homemade date paste which is quite tasty, but also time consuming. You have to soak the dates, create a paste, then slow cook chicken for several hours. I still love my cleaned up version and make it when I have the time, but I have found a new way to get my Sesame Chicken fix [that’s a thing, I promise] in much less time!
The Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce from McCormick will save you plenty of time when you’re in need of stir-fry in a hurry! The sauce packet is loaded with tons of flavor including garlic, ginger, and soy sauce – all spices I use when I make my own. So it’s nice to know the classic flavors I already use are available in a saucy packet, to help me get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes!
I personally like to make my Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry with chicken thighs to add more flavor, since we end up taking the dinner leftovers for lunch the following day, but boneless, skinless chicken breasts will work just as well, of course. I top my stir fry over cauliflower ‘rice’, but use white or brown rice, noodles, lettuce wraps, etc if you want. Simple, fast, tasty. Enjoy!
Snag easy skillet dinner ideas from McCormick Skillet Sauces, by visiting their Pinterest board.
Get social with McCormick: Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook
See what other simple, tasty, and creative dishes we’re sharing today featuring #McSkilletSauce for Sunday Supper:
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
*This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.*
Chanel | Cultural Xplorer says
Yum yum! Your sesame chicken stir fry sounds so delicious 😀 I am going to have to make this soon! Thanks!
Hope you enjoy, Chanel!
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Total and complete yumfest right there!
Thanks Dorothy! Saw your pork stir-fry with this sauce, and that looks sooo good! That will be my next stir-fry adventure at home 🙂
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook says
Sesame chicken is one of my go-tos too. Either that or orange chicken.
Alice @ Hip Foodie Mom says
I also love Sesame Chicken!! and loved this skillet sauce!! it’s the first one we tried! love this sesame chicken stir fry! looks delish!
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen says
Yum!! You can’t get much better than this!
This looks so yummie!!
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips says
Can’t go wrong with a tasty stir fry!
My thoughts exactly!
This is perfect for a weeknight meal!
Biana @blovedboston says
Well I’m drooling!!! I love any stir-fry so I can’t wait to try this!! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston
Family Foodie says
Thank you for the inspiration. I love rice and can’t wait to try cauliflower rice and this delicious sesame chicken.
Amy Kim (@kimchi_mom) says
Homemade is always better than takeout! 🙂 Looks great!
I think so! Thanks, Amy
Katie @ Recipe for Perfection says
Cauliflower rice? What a nifty idea! Got to try that sometime. 🙂
Cauli rice is so easy to make, Katie!
awesome job putting it over top of the cauliflower rice.
Serena | Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch says
Great flavors! This would be a hit in our house!
I love cauliflower rice!! Sounds amazing, definitely my kind of meal!
Cindys Recipes and Writings says
Cauliflower rice sounds delicious for stir-fry!
Marjory @ Dinner-Mom says
Sesame chicken looks so good. I just love that you served it over cauliflower rice.
Constance J Smith says
I love sesame chicken too, and serving it with cauliflower rice is such a great idea!!
Dad On The Run says
Looks amazing and easy, I’ll have to give this a try soon!
Easy is my kind of meal on a weeknight! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Betsy @ Desserts Required says
I did not know about McCormick’s Skillet Sauce before. I love the idea of it and think using chicken thighs is brilliant! Flavorful indeed.
What a gorgeous low-carb dinner! SO much better than takeout!!!
I am intrigued by the rice, it sounds so good!
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
I need to find out how to make cauliflower rice. It sounds amazing!
It is sooo easy! I’ll email you a link separately 🙂
Cauliflower Rice!? I love this idea. This is going on my to-try list!
Just sent you a few easy cauli rice recipes!
Thanks for the recipes!
Run DMT says
That looks yummy! I love cauliflower rice too. It makes such a nice substitute for white rice and fools my brain. lol
The first few times I made faux rice, I overcooked it and it was super mushy, but now I can cook it like a PRO!
I really like the cauliflower rice part. I never seem to think of it and it’s nice to have such a tasty looking reminder.