My love for Greek food knows no bounds. Seriously just search “Greek” and you’ll find quite a few Greek-inspired dishes on this blog. I could legit eat Greek food every single day, and I don’t think I would get tired of it.
Today, the #SundaySupper family is sharing last minute holiday recipes to help you (ummmm, and me) finalize your menu this week!
I will be honest and tell you even as a kid, I would scour cookbooks for hours trying to find the right recipe and menu for a shindig. Then those books turned into food magazines, and of course now I just scroll Pinterest and Google for inspiration. Sometimes, there is just too much out there, and I start to overthink it all.
So this year, I am keeping it simple. We always host Christmas Eve for my side of the family – which I love! Though my family, they will tell you if they like or don’t like something. They have zero qualms about it.
I do have to work for a bit on Christmas Eve, and so I need a few light bites before the main attraction. For sure, we’ll have Prosciutto + Mozzarella Skewers, since they can be made the night before (I’ll just wait to add the balsamic glaze until right before serving). I’ll also serve a platter of Spanakopita Bites; my family loves Greek eats as much as I do.
I’m not reinventing the wheel here with my little bites of Spinach Pie. But I am keeping it simple, and that’s what I need this week – an appetizer packed with flavor, that takes little to no time at all. I like to add a litttttle cream cheese to my spinach mixture to avoid dryness – there is nothing more disappointing than a dry Spinach Pie.Spanakopita Bites - the perfect little bite for friends and family this week! Ready in under 30… Click To Tweet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wringed out of all water
- 6 oz container feta cheese
- 1 oz 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pkgs frozen mini phyllo tarts (each package has 15 tarts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add minced onions and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add thawed spinach (make sure to wring out all excess water!) to skillet and stir well to break up any large pieces of spinach.
- Add feta, cream cheese, egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir well until mixture is well combined.
- On a baking sheet, add mini phyllo cups. Add a heaping tablespoon of mixture into each tart.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 -12 minutes, until mixture is heated through.
- Serve immediately.
See what other last minute recipes, we’re sharing for #SundaySupper:
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chocolate Cranberry Mini Muffins by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cauliflower-Apple Melts by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chimichurri Bread by What Smells So Good?
- Everything Cream Cheese Balls by Magnolia Days
- Mini Party Crab Cakes by Food Lust People Love
- Holiday Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Lobster Salad in Puff Pastry Cups by The Weekend Gourmet
- Potato Kimchi Bacon Bites by kimchi MOM
- Quick Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Scallops with Cranberry Bacon Jam by Caroline’s Cooking
- Shrimp and Artichoke Crostini by Monica’s Table
- Spanakopita Bites by Casa de Crews
- Tortellini Caprese Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Tropical Cocktail Wings by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Bean, Escarole, & Sausage Soup by Get the Good Stuff
- Chicken Cacciatore Pronto by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Easy Chicken Fried Rice by Feeding Big
- Swedish Meatballs by Palatable Pastime
- Apple Pecan Salad by Wholistic Woman
- Bourbon Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthier Hoppin’ John by Cooking Chat
- Italian Sausage & Broccoli Rabe Stuffing by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- 4-Ingredient Double Chocolate Christmas Fudge by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding by Wallflour Girl
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Pecan Cups by PancakeWarriors
- Frangelico French Silk Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Holiday Pie Crust Cookies by Rhubarb and Honey
- Peppermint Bark Pretzels by Pies and Plots
- Red Velvet Eggnog Cheesecake Trifle by The Crumby Cupcake
- Santa Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Skillet Cookies by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Soft and Chewy Lemon Cookies by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- White Chocolate Covered Gingerbread OREOS by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Quick and Easy Holiday Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.