I seriously love this time of year. Long days, good food, drinks, and friends. We usually go to my parents house for Memorial Day and grill out, but after traveling two weekends in a row, Jason and I opted to stay home this weekend, to get some much needed housework done #homeownerproblems.
Though tonight, we’re having some friends over for a cookout, and board games….and this Roasted Corn Salsa.
I first made this salsa last month for the DIY quesadilla bar I made for my mother in-law’s birthday. I had Jason throw a few ears of corn on the grill, and the flavor of charred corn is seriously ah-may-zing.
This salsa makes about 5 1/2 cups, so I had a ton leftover. I added it to rice bowls, salads, and if I am being completely honest, I also finished it off with a spoon, and only a spoon. That’s how much I loved this dish.
This recipe comes from Martha Stewart, so of course it’s delish. This salsa is the perfect dish to bring to any summer potluck, and while I’d normally say leave the dish if you are the guest, should there be any leftovers, take this salsa home. IT’S SERIOUSLY THAT GOOD!
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 ripe tomatoes, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice
- ½ small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a grill or broiler to medium hot. Brush corn with melted butter, and place on grill or under broiler, turning often, until about half the kernels are brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove corn from heat, and let cool. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs.
- Combine corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season to taste with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Serve.
See what other summer potluck dishes we’re sharing below:
- Calamari salad with fennel and avocado by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coronation Chicken Deviled Eggs by Food Lust People Love
- Creamy Ranch Tortilla Pinwheels with Roasted Red Peppers by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Roasted Corn Salsa by Casa de Crews
- Walnut Grapes by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese and Mint by April Golightly
Sides and Salads
- Amish Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad by My World Simplified
- Antipasto Pasta Salad by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Arugula Pesto Pasta Salad with Grilled Chicken by Hardly A Goddess
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chopped Caprese Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Crunchy Coleslaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cumin Scented Quinoa with Black Bean and Corn Salsa by The Hungry Goddess
- Easy Summer Chickpea Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Elotes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Frog Eye Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Gluten Free Grilled Corn Salad by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Layered Salad with Green Goddess Dressing by Delaware Girl Eats
- No Mayo Potato Salad by Simple and Savory
- Roasted Vegetable Couscous Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Spaghetti Salad with Italian Dressing by Kitchen Gidget
- Summer Grain Salad by Pook’s Pantry
- Summer Tortellini Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Tarragon Marinated Brussels Sprouts by Beauty and the Beets
- Steve’s Fried Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Ginger Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Slab Pie by The Chef Next Door
- Caramel Icebox Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Caramel “Doughnut” Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Cherry Crumb Bars by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Eclair Cake by Tramplingrose: Cooking, Baking & Ranting in Small-Town South Dakota
- Coconut Lime Ice Cream by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cookie Butter Caramel Swirl Brownies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Double Chocolate Blondies by Family Around The Table
- Frozen Champagne Salad by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to make a Pineapple Summer Cake by Asian In America
- Lemon Icebox Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisps with Coconut by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- No-Bake Summer Berry Cream Cheese Tarts by Magnolia Days
- Peach Dumplings by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Peanut Butter Bars by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- S’mores Blondies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Pretzel Pie by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Summertime S’Mores by The Freshman Cook
- Triple Peanut Butter Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- White Sheet Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Galette by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Plus Lemon Yogurt Pound Cake and Best Potluck Dishes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement