Fresh grilled corn, and veggies come together for one flavorful bowl of Roasted Corn Salsa; Perfect as a dip, or side to your favorite protein!
I seriously love this time of year. Long days, good food, drinks, and friends. We usually go to my parents house for Memorial Day and grill out, but after traveling two weekends in a row, Jason and I opted to stay home this weekend, to get some much needed housework done #homeownerproblems.
Though tonight, we’re having some friends over for a cookout, and board games….and this Roasted Corn Salsa.
I first made this Roasted Corn Salsa last month for the DIY quesadilla bar I made for my mother in-law’s birthday. I had Jason throw a few ears of corn on the grill, and the flavor of charred corn is seriously ah-may-zing. Then again, can anything from the grill taste bad?
This salsa makes about 5 1/2 cups, so I had a ton leftover. I added it to rice bowls, salads, and if I am being completely honest, I also finished it off with a spoon, and only a spoon. That’s how much I loved this corn salsa.
This recipe comes from Martha Stewart, so of course it’s delish. This salsa is the perfect dish to bring to any summer potluck, and while I’d normally say leave the dish if you are the guest, should there be any leftovers, take this salsa home. IT’S SERIOUSLY THAT GOOD!
roasted corn salsa
- 4 ears fresh corn - husks and silks removed
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted - or unsalted butter
- 5 ripe tomatoes, seeded and cut into ¼-inch dice - roma, plum, or vine ripe tomatoes suggested
- ½ small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice - plus more to taste
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper - to taste
- Heat a grill or broiler to medium hot. Brush corn with melted butter, and place on grill or under broiler, turning often, until about half the kernels are brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove corn from heat, and let cool. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels from cobs.
- In a medium bowl, mix to combine corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro. Season to taste with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate up tp 4 days (the flavor is better the longer this refrigerates)
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.
Oh this looks so good.
Ellen Folkman says
Such a great alternative to a traditional salsa. Looks delicious!
Yum! This sounds delicious!
Petite in Pearls
I could probably eat that entire dish myself!! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston
What a fun salsa! I would gladly take some of your leftovers…This would perk my quinoa salad nicely!
Mmm, corn salsa, with quinoa is SO good!
Kristin @ Dizzy Busy and Hungry says
Salsa is perfect for any get-together! I love how summery this corn salsa is. Yum!
Agreed! I can eat salsa everyday!
We always get a lot of corn in our CSA and I can’t wait to make this! Love fresh vegetable salsas with chips
I wish we had a CSA local to us, but any summer corn is good in my book!
I’d definitely eat this with a spoon!!! So yummy!
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm says
Now I can’t wait for corn season.
That looks dee-flipping-licious!
Nancy P. | The Bitter Side of Sweet says
Love the flavors of this salsa! I need to try adding corn to mine!