Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets, loaded with onions, bell peppers, celery and red potatoes, come together for one quick and easy, 30-minute meal!
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets are perfect for an easy weeknight dinner! I love to make these foil packets for easy portion control and cleanup, but this easy 30-minute meal can be roasted on a sheet pan without individual packs. It’s up to you.
It’s Mardi Gras season and if you can’t make it to Cajun Country, these easy Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets are the next best thing.
These Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets are kind of like a proper shrimp boil without the work. These foil packets also don’t contain corn like a traditional low-country boil. If you’re looking for a Cajun-inspired recipe with corn, make a batch of Jambalaya-Stuffed Peppers.
Why Foil Packs?
I love foil packets for for this Cajun Shrimp and Sausage dinner for an easy cleanup. Plus, everyone gets their own meal in a packet, which is kind of fun to eat, right?
This time of year, I love roasting these easy foil packets in the oven, but in the summer, you can easily wrap up each pack and grill away.
Though the recipe below is step-by-step for the oven. If you’d like to grill your Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets instead, this recipe will walk you through the grilling method.
How To Make Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs
- Prep your potatoes: The potatoes will take approx 10-12 minutes longer to cook through than the other veggies, shrimp and sausage. You can either roast or boil, and prep everything else while potatoes get a start. Alternatively, if you’re watching your starch/carbs, you can omit the potatoes altogether.
- Toss to combine: to a large bowl, mix together veggies, shrimp and sausage with your favorite Cajun seasoning and avocado oil. You can easily make your own Cajun blend at home, or store-bought is also fine.
- Prepare the foil: You’ll need 4 big sheets of foil, about 1 1/2 feet long. I would recommend using heavy-duty aluminum foil for these Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs. If you do not have heavy-duty foil, I suggest doubling the foil when making your packs for easy cleanup.
- Assemble the packs: Divide the ingredients equally among 4 packets; place all the ingredients into the center of the foil packet. Wrap and roast! Or grill. Up to you!
- Cook the Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs: Bake at 400 degrees F for approx 20 minutes. minutes. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the shrimp, and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
If you’re watching your carbs, you can omit the potatoes when making your Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs.
If you’re on a whole30, or do not eat dairy, forgo the Parmesan cheese – which is a good way to balance the Cajun flavors, but not necessary if you can’t have dairy.
This recipe can easily be doubled for a crowd, and makes for great leftovers! To reheat, you can either microwave (make sure to remove foil!) or reheat in a skillet on medium heat, until warmed. Enjoy!
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packets
- 1 lb red baby potatoes - diced
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, divided - or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 14 ounces Andouille sausage - sliced into coins
- 1/2 yellow onion - diced
- 2 medium sized zucchini - sliced into coins
- 2 stalks celery - chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped into chunks - any color
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated - optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss diced potatoes in 1 teaspoon or so of Cajun seasoning, with 1 tbsp of oil and roast for 10-12 minutes. Alternatively, you can boil the potatoes in a pot of water for 10-12 minutes as well.
- While potatoes roast or boil, to a large bowl add the shrimp, sausage, yellow onion, zucchini, celery, and bell peppers. Add avocado oil and cajun seasoning and toss to combine. Once potatoes are par-baked or boiled, toss to same bowl and mix well.
- Divide the ingredients equally among 4 packets; place all the ingredients into the center of the foil. Wrap the foil tightly around the shrimp, sausage and veggies.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until shrimp and vegetables are cooked through. Carefully open packets and squeeze fresh lemon juice over shrimp. Top with Parmesan cheese, if using.
- You’ll need 4 big sheets of foil, about 1 1/2 feet long. I would recommend using heavy-duty aluminum foil for these Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs. If you do not have heavy-duty foil, I suggest doubling the foil when making your packs for easy cleanup.
- If you'd prefer to grill these foil packs, follow the instructions until step three. To grill, you can follow the instructions from this recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.