I’ve partnered up with Fruit Bliss for today’s recipe. As always, all opinions are my own.
Cherry Pistachio Yogurt Bowls are easy to make, filling and flavorful. They’re the perfect healthy breakfast or afternoon snack!
I go through breakfast phases where I make eggs or my sweet potato hash for weeks on end, and then I decide I’m no longer into either and I start creating yogurt bowls when I’m into a new phase.
What I love about any kind of yogurt bowl is how easy they are to customize! I generally opt for thick and creamy Greek yogurt, but the beauty of this recipe is that you can use any yogurt you like. If you can’t have dairy, coconut yogurt or almond milk yogurt would work just as well when making you Cherry Pistachio Yogurt Bowl.
What is a Yogurt Breakfast Bowl?
To make any yogurt breakfast bowl, you need three main ingredients: yogurt, fruit and crunchy toppings.
If you’re making a Yogurt Breakfast Bowl at your leisure, fresh fruit and crunchy pretty garnishes that are Instagram worthy make this recipe fun. But in the real world, when you’re trying to get ready for work, and make sure you have a proper, filling breakfast, you need a healthy shortcut to get your breakfast going – and quick!
I am obsessed with the Fruit & Nut Bites from Fruit Bliss. They combine sun-ripened fruit with crunchy nut pieces, making them the best of both worlds (fruit and crunchy toppings) for a quick and easy, healthy yogurt breakfast bowl.
For today’s recipe, I opted to use the Tart Cherries + Dates + Hazelnuts + Cacao Nibs Snacks. I love fresh cherries, but when they’re out of season, soft sun-ripened dried cherries are tasty to enjoy any time of the year.
Citrus pairs so well with cherries, and I love fresh oranges, so into my bowl go a few slices. Depending on the time of year, you could use grapefruit or blood oranges (my favorite!)
How to Make Yogurt Breakfast Bowls:
- We’ve already established this, right? Use ANY yogurt you like.
- Orange (navel, tangerine, blood orange)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pineapple slices
- Fruit Bliss Fruit & Nut Bites
- Almond slivers
- Macadamia Nuts
- Chia Seeds
Extra Topping Ideas (optional)
- Shredded Coconut
- Honey or Maple Syrup
- Cacao Nibs
- Flax Seed
To make my Cherry Pistachio Yogurt Bowl, I combined the following ingredients: Greek yogurt, fresh orange slices, with Tart Cherries + Dates + Hazelnuts + Cacao Nibs Snacks, garnished with shelled pistachios and chia seeds. These Yogurt Breakfast Bowls couldn’t be easier!
Cherry Pistachio Yogurt Bowls
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, divided - any yogurt will work
- 1 ounce Fruit & Nut Bites Tart Cherries + Dates + Hazelnuts + Cacao Nibs Snacks - chopped
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and cut into slices
- 2-3 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds - optional
- First, chop approx 1-ounce of Fruit & Nut Bites Tart Cherries + Dates + Hazelnuts + Cacao Nibs Snacks into pieces for yogurt bowl. Peel orange and slice.
- To a bowl add yogurt of choice and top with chopped Fruit & Nut Bites, orange slices and pistachios. Garnish with chia seeds if desired and dig in.
- Recipe makes two bowls.