The Oscar Awards are a fancy affair! Why not make your dinner an event of its own with Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp?! It’s light, indulgent, and insanely easy to make.
I love watching the Oscars. I love them so much, that I had this whole plan to share fun Oscar party ideas throughout the week. But then life happened, and I never got around to it [but hey, grab this free 2015 Oscar ballot printable I found for tonight!]
I asked folks on my Facebook page what kinds of foods came to mind when thinking of the Oscars. Everyone said cheese, brie, to be exact. As well as seafood, and other fancy bites. I couldn’t agree with them more! I think prosciutto is a “fancy” cut of meat; thin, flavorful, and just two ingredients, ham and salt – which also makes it “clean” in my book. Wrap fresh shrimp with proscuitto and brush with melted, smooth, buttah and I think we can all agree this dish would win for best bite! Hardy har.
See what other award-winning dishes we’re sharing for today’s Red Carpet Sunday Supper!
Nominees for Best Supporting Appetizers:
- Beef Sliders with Sautéed Mushrooms, Onions, Bleu Cheese and Bacon by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black and White Olive Cheese Puffs by Peaceful Cooking
- Cheddar Olives by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chicken Boursin by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Citrus Avocado Shrimp Cocktail by Seduction in the Kitchen
- French Onion Sliders by Momma’s Meals
- Herbed Butter and Cheese Popcorn by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Italian Guacamole with Pesto by Food Done Light
- Lobster Bruschetta by The Texan New Yorker
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Cheese Balls by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Moroccan Beef Kefta Briouat by Manu’s Menu
- Mushroom Pate by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Oysters Rockfeller by Noshing With The Nolands
- Pea Pesto Crostini by Ruffles & Truffes
- Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp by Casa de Crews
- Raspberry Brie Bites by Love and Confections
- Roasted Red Pepper Pinwheels by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Smoked Trout Stuffed Baby New Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Spinach Bites by Shockingly Delicious
- Sweet Chili Chicken Skewers by Nosh My Way
Nominees for Best Course in a Leading Role:
- Broccoli Calzones by eating in instead
- Bow Ties and Tails Galore by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Oscar by Palatable Pastime
- Indulgent Lobster-Champagne Risotto by The Weekend Gourmet
- Oscar Worthy Cantonese Lobster with Coconut-Ginger Rice by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Nominees for Best Supporting Sips:
- Apple Ginger Martini by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Blood Orange Rosemary Spritzer by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cherry Almond Sparklers by Magnolia Days
- Iced Espresso Martini by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mixed Berry Martini by The Messy Baker
- Oscartini by Family Foodie
- Red Carpet Sparkler by Rhubarb and Honey
- Thank You Peary Much by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Nominees for Best Delectable Desserts:
- 7-Layer Bark by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Caramel-Almond Latte Ricotta Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Champagne Truffles by Brunch with Joy
- Chocolate Covered Cherries by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Decadent Flourless Brownies by Recipe for Perfection
- Edible Oscars Envelopes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Crumble Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait Cups by Wallflour Girl
- Imitation Game Guinness Brownies by NinjaBaker.com
- Mini Strawberry Galette by Basic N Delicious
- Mini Strawberry & Chocolate Cheesecakes by Happy Baking Days
- No-Bake Nutella Cheesecake Shooters by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Popcorn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ball Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Tuxedo Cake by The Redhead Baker
Nominees for Best Dressed Table:
- DIY Glitter Vases by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Will you be watching the 2015 Oscars, tonight?
My stepbrother would love you for this!
I’d take this over bacon wrapped shrimp any day.
I love bacon…anything, but feel like the prosciutto makes this shrimp more elegant!
Cindys Recipes and Writings says
My kind of munchie, Nichole!
These shrimp look so yummy!
These look so cute – I can’t wait to try this! xo, Biana – BlovedBoston
I wish I liked shrimp. Love me some prosciutto!!
One of my favorite appetizers is fresh asparagus wrapped with prosciutto and roasted but I gotta say, shrimp may win. I’ll be trying this one for sure!
Valerie Cathell Clark says
Simply perfect! The combination is killer! Love it!
Yum, this is my kind of meal!
Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm says
Now this is my kind of recipe!! Easy, delicious and elegant. Perfect.
Thanks, Wendy! Glad you agree!
Renee - Kudos Kitchen says
Shrimp just got an upgrade! YUM!
Tammi @Momma's Meals says
Oh these would NOT last long at any of my parties! Great idea!
Hehehe, they always go fast!
Mary Ellen says
These look great! Wonderful combination of sweet and salty,
Thanks, Mary Ellen!
I adore prosciutto. These would definitely be a favorite of mine at an Oscar party
Wendy (The Weekend Gourmet) says
I could devour the entire batch of these…shrimp are my favorite!
Mine too, Wendy!
Count me in for a dozen of these, my mouth is watering!!
Marlene @Nosh My Way says
Shrimp wrapped in prosciutto is genius. I thinks these guys will make an appearance at my table soon.
And they’re so easy! I hope you love them as much as I did, Marlene!
Lauren @ Sew You Think You Can Cook says
These little shrimp are all dressed up and ready to party! Yum!!
Hahaha, you are so right!
Shrimp is probably my favorite when it comes to appetizers! This sounds yummy!
It was a similar recipe that finally got my hubby to love shrimp! SO good!!!
Did the similar one have bacon? LOL…I feel like that could win anyone over 🙂
DB, Foodie Stuntman | Crazy Foodie Stunts says
Sweet paired with salty is popular and this is a perfect example!