Ditch the carbs, and enjoy the same flavors of a Salmon BLT Salad! This salmon salad combines ingredients of a classic BLT sandwich with the protein-rich addition of salmon.
Raise your hand if you way over-indulged over the Thanksgiving weekend. We hosted Friendsgiving ten days ago, which means we’ve been living on leftovers, and pie, and whatever else we had in-house for way too long. It was fun for a few days, but MY BODY IS READY FOR VEGETABLES AGAIN. And for a routine, if I’m being honest.
I’m relying on a regular staple on our menu lately; Salmon BLT Salads. They’re packed with healthy fats, fresh veggies, and a ton of flavor. I love them so much! I was inspired to turn the Salmon BLT into a salad, after inhaling one a few months ago at Cask Social Kitchen, in South Tampa.
Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with making a Salmon BLT at home, but for the most part, big ol’ sandwiches like that are something I like to indulge in when we’re eating out, not in. Plus! You can make this salad paleo and/or Whole 30 by using compliant bacon, and dressing. And it’s low-carb, and just good all around. Do it, guys. Make this salad!
Searing salmon in a cast iron skillet, and finishing in the oven is insanely easy. I love cooking salmon this way. I actually scored four fillets at $3/piece last week at the new Earth Fare, in Oldsmar. If I can’t find individual salmon filets at a good price, I’ll buy a piece, usually a pound, and just portion out after I cook.
Most of the time, I’ll make my own ranch dressing for the greens on this salad. I either opt for this Paleo Mayo Ranch Dip recipe, or this Buttermilk Ranch. They both have the same ranch-inspired spices, so that gets rubbed into the salmon filets before throwing in the pan.
This is the perfect salad to get you back on track after a crazy, food holiday week! You can easily prep a few of these Salmon Salads with Bacon for lunch at work, or dinner to pull out and go. Easy, healthy, effing amazing.
salmon blt salad
- 4, 6 ounce salmon fillets
- ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes - sliced in half
- 1 avocado - chopped (about ¼ avocado per salad plate)
- 3-4 cups Mixed greens - I used a romaine, and spinach
- Preheat oven to 400F. Add dried spices to a small dish, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Place bacon in a large, cold cast iron, or other oven safe skillet then turn heat to medium and cook until bacon is crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Allow to cool, and roughly chop.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salmon then sprinkle seasoning mix generously on top and rub in lightly. Add salmon to skillet skin side up then saute for 2 minutes. Flip then saute for 3 minutes, and then place the entire skillet into the preheated oven and bake for 6 minutes.
- Divide lettuce between four plates then top with chopped bacon, tomatoes, chopped avocado, and salmon filet. Serve with your fave dressing.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. See full disclosure here.
Richa Gupta says
The salad looks healthy with some great combo!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
This salad is incredible!! I must try this!!!
I hope you do, and love it as much as we do!
A complete meal in itself!Looks so delicious!
Lane and Holly at With Two Spoons says
This looks like the perfect antidote to my holiday carb binging!
I love that this is a salad! It looks so good!