Oh hi, remember me? Life got way busy, and blogging just kind of burned me out for a minute there. Sundays tend to be my ‘get stuff done’ days, to prep for the week; groceries, laundry, cleaning. It’s kind of boring, but it helps me set up for a successful week.
…except the last few Sundays, I’ve taken a break here or there to hang with Jason and friends, while we watch football. Sundays are pretty much the only day during the week, I can guarantee I’ll get to see my guy. We’re in the home stretch with law school, so it’s almost over!
October is National Pizza Month, and we’re celebrating accordingly for #SundaySupper! You know I love me some pizza, but lately I’ve had more football-type foods on my mind. Not that pizza isn’t also good football food, because it is, but I kind of took two of my fave Sunday Funday bites for one perfect dish! Potato Skins AND Pizza Bites.
Plus, as much as I love potato skins, giant ones from Russet potatoes are v.e.r.y. filling, and when we’re watching football, I like options. So I used baby potatoes, homemade marinara (this one is my fave!), mini pepperoni, and cheese #obvs. A little fresh basil, and we’re good to GO.
- 10 baby potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce (your choice)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 40 pieces mini pepperoni (2-3 per potato half)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh basil. to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Pierce each potato with a fork. Bake on a baking sheet 20 minutes, until tender. Allow to cool.
- Cut each potato in half, then use a teaspoon to scoop the filling out, leaving a thin layer of potato as the base.
- Place the potatoes back on baking sheet, skin side up. Brush with olive oil then sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake skins for 10 minutes, until crispy. Remove from oven.
- Fill each potato skin with about 1 tsp of pizza sauce, then top with cheese. Place 2-3 mini pepperoni on each half.
- Switch oven from bake to broil, and broil 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melty.
- Top with basil, if desired!
We have all kinds of tasty pizza-inspired recipes to help you celebrate this week – cheers!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.