Grilled Turkey Burgers with a schemer of whipped feta cheese spread. So much flavor to take your turkey burger recipe to the next level!
This Mediterranean version is like a Greek Turkey Burger with its salty, tangy feta spread on top. You’ll want to lick the spoon after you whip the feta in your food processer. Live your truth, but save enough for these turkey feta burgers!
The base of this meal is your standard turkey burger recipe but the whipped feta spread is what elevates the flavors and takes this burger from an easy protein to an amazing burger!
- Feta cheese. The main ingredient. I love a fresh block of feta in brine, because it lends a more creamy, authentic flavor and texture. But in a pinch, any kind will do. But block is suggested.
- Olive oil. Some recipes call for cream cheese, but authentic Whipped Feta calls for olive oil. Plus, this is most likely a staple you already have in your pantry.
- Greek yogurt. Tangy, thick and creamy. 2% suggested here.
- Lemon. To help thin the spread and provide a fresh citrus flavor.
- Garlic cloves. 1-2 cloves, minced. Measure with your heart, however.
- Ground turkey. 93/7 suggested. 99% tends to dry out over the grill.
- Dijon mustard. In my juicy turkey burger recipe, I suggest yellow mustard to keep the turkey juicy. Dijon for this version compliments the Meditterean flavor better.
- Burger toppings. A toasty brioche bun with spicy arugula, or use a lettuce wrap. Thick tomatoes and red onions. Keep it simple and let the Greek flavors shine through here.
- Make the feta spread. To a food processor, add in blocked feta cheese, Greek yogurt, minced garlic and lemon juice. Begin to pulse and slowly drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil until smooth and creamy. TIP: Feta spread can be made 1-2 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Prep turkey burger patties. Gently combine 1lb of ground turkey with seasonings and Dijon mustard.
- Grill burgers. You can do this either on the grill or in a grill pan or skillet on the stovetop.
- To assemble: If using a bun, schemer a generous amount of whipped feta to the top and bottom buns. Add lettuce, tomato and red onion. Alternatively, you can spread the feta dip onto the burger patty and serve in a lettuce wrap.
other mediterranean inspired recipes
whipped feta turkey burgers
- 8 ounces block feta cheese
- 3-4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice - from ½ fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey - Look for 93% lean ground turkey. If you can find 90/10, that’s even better. I would not suggest 99% lean.
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- whipped feta
- optional toppings: buns, lettuce, tomato, red tomato
- To a food processor, add in feta cheese, 2 tbsp olive oil, Greek yogurt and lemon juice. Pulse until creamy and lowly add in 1-2 more tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil if a creamier texture is desired. Feta spread can be made 1-2 days in advance and refrigerated.
- On preheated grill over medium heat, place burgers 4 inches from heat source for 9-10 minutes per side (turning twice) and until fully cooked to 165 F.
- Remove burgers from grill. Top each burger with whipped feta, and your favorite burger toppings!
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.