Roasted with garlic and topped with parmesan shavings, these stalks of roasted asparagus are incredibly satisfying, and low carb, too!
You guyyyyyys! Is Christmas really a week away? I always feel so ahead of things the day after Thanksgiving, but then real life doesn’t stop (so rude), and the season flies by, and now we’re here. It’s not a bad thing per se, but I’m just kind of sad it’s already almost gone.
That being said, I purposely made sure the house was clean, and presents were done, so that I could just BE in the moment from now until Christmas, minus my day job, of course. I’m even ahead of the game on freelance blog work, so truly I can do some corny Christmas-y type things, and enjoy the season. I’m pumped AF.
We hosted the in-laws yesterday for an early Christmas dinner, and we’re living on leftovers this week. I knew I’d indulge over the weekend (made cookies and cheesecake on Saturday with my nieces, and I more than enjoyed it all), and wanted a few lower-carb sides to get through this week of in-between.
A quick + simple sheet pan of Parmesan Roasted Asparagus does the trick! It’s easy to prep, inexpensive, and a great way to stay low-carb (LC) without anyone asking if you’re on a diet (anyone else get that question just for eating a veggie when it’s holiday time around family? Ugggh). Not that you need to be eating LC to enjoy it, but maybe you don’t want to inhale the risotto (I mean, but if you do I’m not judging, because it is ah-mazing #notbiased).
Roasting veggies brings out a simple, and natural sweetness that you just can’t beat. Toss em’ in a healthy drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil (or even ghee), sprinkle some salt, peppah, garlic, and parmesan cheeeeese; voilà – done!
Really, this could not be any easier.
- 1-LB fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and rinsed
- 1½ tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil, or melted ghee)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 tbsp Parmesan shavings
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- To a large mixing bowl, add asparagus stalks, oil, salt, pepper, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Line baking sheet with asparagus stalks in an even layer.
- Roast for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
PIN FOR LATER: