If you have followed Casa de Crews for any length of time, I think you have figured out that growing up, in my family, we have always found comfort, and love with Italian dishes, cooked by my Italian mother.
My mother’s need to love us with good food is something that runs deep in my own soul, as well. I will always ask you if you have had enough, should you come to our table for supper. It’s just what we do.
One of momma’s specialties has always been a hearty pan of comforting lasagna. A dish made one to two days in advance, because “that is just how it’s done.” says mom.
When I was maybe fourteen or fifteen, we used to get these monthly recipe cards in the mail that we added to a box of other recipe cards [ahh the days before Pinterest, and Google. I digress] and one month, the featured recipe was for Lasagna Roll-Ups; your standard lasagna recipe but instead of baking in one pan like a casserole, you rolled up each lasagna noodle individually. My mind was blown, ya’ll. I begged, and begged my mom to make these new and crazy lasagna roll-ups for dinner.
Instead of her preparing the new recipe for me, mom asked me to make it for the family since I was the one most excited for these rolls. And so I did just that.
Fifteen years later, and I still make these lasagna rolls for our family, and friends! Over the years I have tweaked this dish, learning to make my own sauce [using Gallo Family Vineyard’s Cabernet Sauvignon [recipe]] and yes, my sauce must be made one day in advance – just like moms. Because that’s just how it is.This dish’s concept may have come from somewhere else ages ago, but it is now my signature dish, and it’s requested several times a year by my family. And since we know I love to feed you with good food, you know that when my flavorful lasagna rolls are requested, my heart is be-yond full with happiness.
Now that I’m an adult making these lasagna rolls, I like to pair a bottle of Gallo Family Vineyards Merlot to share with our dinner guests. Gallo Family’s Merlot is so smooth and approachable. Its fruit flavor matches very well with these lasagna rolls in all their saucy goodness.
[bctt tweet=”My favorite comfort food with a bit of portion control – saucy, lasagna rolls!”]
Make sure to check out the Gallo Family’s Meals with Meaning blog post, today!
- Baked Cavatini by Magnolia Days
- Italian Noodle Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- German Beef Rouladen by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Gnocchi with Butternut Squash and Spinach by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lasagna Rolls by Casa de Crews
- Lemon Risotto by The Messy Baker
- New Orleans Red Beans and Rice Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pan Seared Ribeye with Homemade Compound Butter by Big Bear’s Wife
- Portuguese Steak & Eggs – bife com ovo a cavalo by Family Foodie
- Roasted Garlic Cheese Fondue by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Reuben Mac and Cheese by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Pesto Shrimp Primavera by Flavor Mosaic
- Spinach Artichoke Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Spinach Rice Casserole by Shockingly Delicious
- White Bean Chili with Cheddar Biscuits by Feed Me, Seymour
- Boston Cream Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Pavlova by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grandma’s Lemon Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Mom’s Apple Crisp by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Lemon Curd Filling and Lemon Buttercream by The Redhead Baker
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
*Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.