This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwansonSummer #CollectiveBias
Grilled chicken breast is something we eat often at Casa de Crews. We throw chicken breast on top of salads, in a stir-fry, with a wrap, in a pan, on the grill, with the crockpot….when Jason is in school and on the go, he usually asks me to just grill a batch of chicken breasts for him to eat between work, and class.
Plain chicken sounds so unappealing to me, though. Like, reallllly unappealing. And boring. And just, sad.
Cilantro is a year-round herb at Casa de Crews, but it definitely screams summer! Lucky (or not so lucky, depending on when you ask me) for us, it’s pretty much summer ten months out of the year in Florida.
As much as we’ve enjoyed grilling Cilantro-Lime Chicken Wings this summer, they’re not necessarily something I want to eat all the time. Grilled chicken breasts with a similar flavor? There is nothing boring about that.
Grilled chicken is so easy to make (you probably already knew this, huh?), but it can also be easy to dry out. You know what helps to keep it juicy, and tender? A quick, zesty marinade made with Swanson Chicken Broth; natural chicken broth with the sharp, crisp taste of cilantro, and a zest of lime; I mean…you can make this chicken for any occasion, my friends!
I was with my sister at Sam’s Club, and we saw that they now offer 6-pack containers of their 32-ounce Chicken Broth in the boxed dinners/soup aisle. That means I snagged three, and so did my sister. We just recently started shopping at Sam’s Club together. We had talked about it for something like two years, and we’re just now getting around to it. This is adulting at its finest, and I couldn’t be happier. Bonus: my niece is usually with us for these “exciting” shopping trips.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 6 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup Swanson Chicken Broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except for chicken, in a food processor, or blender and create a marinade.
- Place chicken in a large resealable bag, or bowl, and pour marinade over chicken, making sure to cover well. Place in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 2-3 hours. Don't marinate more than 8 hours or the meat will get mushy as the lime breaks down the meat.
- Prepare grill. Cook until done. Let the chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes before serving.
How do you use Swanson Chicken Broth with your summer dishes? Make sure to visit the Swanson Social Hub to find tons of creative recipe ideas that are perfect for summer, and get more information on the Swanson Summer Sweepstakes.
[bctt tweet=”How to grill Cilantro-Lime Chicken >> #swansonsummer #ad”]