Marinated tender flank steak with grilled summer peaches over romaine salad with gorgonzola cheese. This salad is summer in a bowl!
Everywhere I look online, friends are posting, “Sad to see summer go!”, and “Summer has ended.” Most of these friends have kiddos, so I get that summer break is over (my own student (the mister) starts his last semester of law school tomorrow, himself – yayyyyy!), but I’m over here still grilling away, and savoring all that summer has to offer, while I can.
Plus, I live in Florida, people. Let’s be real, ‘summer’ will be here long after the official season has ended.
I love a good salad. Most of the time, Jason will grill meats for the week, and I’ll make a salad of some kind to go with said meats. But, I do get bored easily, and am always finding new ways to jazz up my salad. Adding fresh fruit, tangy homemade dressings, and a flavorful protein is the way to go.
The marinade is simple, and I use it to dress the greens as well (I used mixed baby romaine, but any salad greens you enjoy will do), with sliced peaches, and Gorgonzola cheese…my friends, for serious, make this salad, now!
balsamic steak and grilled peach salad
- 1 lb flank steak - or skirt steak
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt - to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 6 cups greens of choice
- 2 peaches - thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Gorgonzola cheese - crumbled
- To a bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. Reserve 1/4 marinade for salad, later. Take 3/4 marinade and add steak to a shallow dish, or ziploc bag. Let marinate for 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat your outdoor grill or a grill pan (indoors) to high. Season beef generously with salt and pepper. Add steak then grill for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on how thick your steak is, then let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- While beef is resting, slice peaches in half, and place on grill for 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool, and slice thin.
- To a bowl or plate, evenly divide salad greens, and Gorgonzola. Toss with balsamic/honey marinade (reserved from earlier - NOT the used marinade from meat). Top with sliced steak. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.