Creamy Mozzarella Dip with Burrata and Basil is the perfect party appetizer for a crowd, or for a movie night in, on the couch. Freshly shredded mozzarella brings a smoky flavor, mixed with softened cream cheese, and smooth burrata. This dip may change your life, friends.
The Oscars are coming, the Oscars are coming! Do you care? Jason and I have always kind of been movie nerds together. But thanks to law school, these last few years, we weren’t able to see many of the nominated movies.
But now that law school (and the dreaded bar exam) is behind us, we’re watching movies tonight, and I can’t wait. Movie couch dates mean snacks + sips in my yoga pants (ah, marriage). I plan to make my Sausage and Ricotta Naan Pizza, and this Creamy Mozzarella Dip with Burrata and Basil. Plus, I’m sure Twizzlers will make an appearance, because it is movie night after all.
This Creamy Mozzarella Dip with Burrata and Basil is the kind of party dip dreams are made of; at least my dreams. Baked, and bubbly, you could make this for a crowd or a party of two (with lots leftover!) You can serve it with toasted crostini, or veggies, to keep it low carb. And right now we’re going through a low-carb phase at Casa de Crews, but nothing beats toasty bread dunked into this gooey, creamy dip. It’s everything. So, yes, bread will be had.
I love using burrata; my plan was to make a very small meat and cheese plate for Valentine’s Day last week, but in the end the steak we chose, was huge, and we decided to save the burrata for another day. I’m so glad we did, because this dip was born, and have I mentioned I’M SO EXCITED to eat it tonight? The mozzarella pairs well with a chilled glass with Sauvignon Blanc if wine tasting on the couch is your sort of thing 😉
Creamy Mozzarella Dip with Burrata
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces fresh burrata cheese - usually 2-3 small balls in an 8-ounce container
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning spice
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 roma tomato, diced for garnish - optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, for garnish - optional
- nonstick cooking spray
- toasted baguette/crostini, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, with the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Using non-stick cooking spray, spray baking dish and pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Spread the mixture evenly using a spatula.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. After 15 minutes, remove from the oven and add the burrata cheese. Return to the oven and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the burrata is warmed through.
- Remove from oven, and top with diced tomato, and basil. Serve immediately.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.
[…] you NEED this creamy mozzarella dip with burrata – dunk your favorite bread or toasted crostini. You’re welcome for this […]