Creamy dollops of ricotta, spicy Italian sausage, on a crispy piece of naan bread. These Sausage and Ricotta Naan Pizzas are portion perfect!
Naan Bread Pizza
Naan bread is the perfect pizza hack. They’re great for individual pies everyone can make themselves or if you’re just in need of a simple, quick and easy pizza recipe in no time.
Any brand of naan will work for this pizza recipe, but I usually use this brand (honestly it’s the only naan I’ve ever found in the grocery store).
The recipe below is for a Sausage Ricotta Pizza with Fennel; crushed fennel to keep things simple, but you can follow the instructions and use any toppings you like.
Or you can use the same toppings but with a different crust. If you want a more traditional base, try this 10-minute dough recipe instead.
The creamy, richness of the ricotta on this pizza gets a tad melty, mixed with tomato sauce, and it’s a divine combo with delicious textures.
Ricotta on pizza sounds fancy, but it’s incredibly simple. I’m taking sausage links and slicing them into coins, so that the flavor and texture of said sausage, with the smoothness of the ricotta are like a party in your mouth.
You could easily make your own Italian sausage at home with the right spices but this is meant to be simple so use the hacks where you can.
sides to go with pizza
Sausage and Ricotta Naan Pizza
- 2 Italian Sausage Links - cooked to package directions
- 2 naan breads
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons crushed fennel seed - optional
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes - optional
- To a skillet, cook Italian Sausage according to package directions. Allow to cool, and slice into coins.
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Layer each naan bread in the following order: 1/2 cup pizza sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, half of sausage link coins, 1/4 cup of ricotta in dollops with a teaspoon.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and naan is toasty. Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing. Top with fennel and red pepper flakes, is using.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.