Juicy Chicken Thighs, tossed in a savory turmeric and ginger marinade, make for a batch of the crispiest, and most flavorful chicken thighs ever.
Truth be told, cooking with Indian, and Asian spices was always more of Jason’s thing. I mean I cook with fresh ginger, and fish sauce, soy sauce, and star anise, but I don’t tend to experiment with them the way Jason does (give me some cumin, or cilantro, and I’m your girl though), but I’ve been wanting to expand my repertoire. And also, turmeric; known to help with inflammation, among other things, I’ve been trying to cook with fresh,a d dried turmeric more.
That, and I had a few sides of Tikka Masala Rice to use up, and experimenting with a new protein seemed like the challenge I needed to test out more turmeric. I played around with a marinade similar to this recipe, except I opted to use chicken thighs over chicken breasts. I love chicken breasts for a quick, and easy dinner, but thighs with the skin on, are just juicer, and come out more crisp when baked, over a chicken breast.
These thighs came out G O L D E N once they were done, and I was so happy with the flavor! The first time I made these, I ate a very sad and cold thigh after a work conference call, and loved the flavor. Cold, and all. But later, at dinner, I re-heated in our toaster oven, and served with a side of rice, and these cucumbers, and it all went so well together.
These Turmeric Chicken Thighs were so comforting, and crispy. You could use fresh ginger knob, and fresh turmeric, but it’s Wednesday, and chances are better you have both of these spices in your pantry in a jar, so keep it simple. The flavor is amazing, regardless!
crispy turmeric chicken thighs
- 1 lb Chicken Thighs, boneless, skin on - will have 6-8 thighs
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of ginger - knob or dried
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- To a gallon sized bag, or large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients (everything but chicken thighs). Mix chicken thighs with marinade. Fully coat chicken with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking dish with foil or parchment paper, spray it with cooking spray, for easy cleanup.
- Place marinated chicken thighs skin up in baking dish.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, until chicken is cooked, and no longer pink (165F temperature)
- Remove from oven, and allow to rest for 7-10 minutes, before serving.
Other sheet pan dinners:
- paprika chicken sheet pan dinner
- sheet and chicken sausage and veggies
- dijon salmon sheet pan dinner
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website.