Homemade Everything Bagel Hummus is the perfect healthy snack. It’s smooth and creamy topped with the best seasoning; everything bagel!
Everything Bagel Hummus
I’m seriously obsessed with any and all everything bagel seasoning. It started with a generous sprinkle over deviled eggs, and went from there. I add this spice to salmon and chicken, to salads for a little crunch and salt. And I love to tap over the cream cheese of a bagel.
I’ve been trying to incorporate more legumes in my diet, and there’s only so many ways I can get creative with chickpeas – but hummus is a snack that I never get bored of! I make a batch of this hummus almost every Sunday to enjoy throughout the week. No regrets, friends.
You can find everything bagel spice blend pretty much anywhere. Trader Joe’s was the first (that I know of), but I’ve found at my local grocery, Costco, and even online.
If you have all the ingredients in your pantry, you can definitely make this blend at home, learn how to make your own everything bagel seasoning, here.
How to get creamy, fluffy hummus
Ice cold water or 2-3 ice cubes are going to ensure some of the creamiest, fluffiest restaurant quality hummus around – but from your own kitchen!
Growing up, one of my best friend’s step-father was Mediterranean, and taught me in my early twenties that you MUST add ice cubes. But I’ve also just added ice cold water, and it yields the same results! And hi. hello. such an easy step, right?!
Another way to ensure super creamy hummus is to peel your chickpeas. Also sometimes called, “skinning” because you’re removing the thin skin from each chickpea.
To skin your chickpeas, simply soak canned chickpeas in a bowl of hot water and peel. It’s a tiny bit tedious but it seriously makes all the difference! That being said, it’s completely up to you.
After that, add your rinsed, peeled chickpeas and garlic to the bowl of your food processor. Puree until a smooth. While processor is running, add ice cubes, tahini paste, salt,pepper and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy, approx 3-4 minutes.
Top with a tablespoon of everything bagel blend to start, and season to taste from there. If you’re feeling extra you can also garnish with chickpeas. This hummus recipe is clean and fresh and a great low-carb snack.
how to serve hummus
My favorite way to enjoy hummus is either as a snack or side to lunch with fresh veggies like English cukes and carrot sticks. Sometimes I’ll add toasted pita if I want some comfort.
If you’re serving as a party app, this recipe would be perfect as a snack board, mezze platter, etc. — It’s also the perfect bite to kick off a happy hour at home!
However you enjoy this hummus, I know you’ll love it. Cheers!
other low-carb snacks to make
everything bagel hummus
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained - and peeled (optional to peel)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 ice cubes
- 1/3 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil for serving
- everything bagel seasoning, to garnish/taste - start with approx 1 tablespoon, and add to taste
- extra chickpeas, rinsed and drained, to garnish (optional)
- Add rinsed chickpeas and garlic to the bowl of your food processor. Puree until a smooth, powdery- like mixture forms.
- While processor is running, add ice cubes, tahini paste, salt, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy, approx 3-4 minutes. If the consistency is too thick, run processor and drizzle in a teaspoon or so of water. Blend until you reach desired smooth consistency.
- Spread in a serving bowl and add a generous drizzle of olive oil. Garnish with everything bagel seasoning and chickpeas. Enjoy with warm pita wedges and your favorite veggies.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchasing through them help support this website. Please see the disclaimer here.